Chapter 9

7 months pregnant

Betty and Jughead are decorating the house ready for their party to reveal the gender of the twins. They decided that they would each pop a balloon to reveal a gender each. The banner and decorations for the party are done in neutral colours so that nothing is given away till the big reveal. A knock on the door draws Betty from finishing the paper chain she was making for Jughead to hang up. Betty answers the door to reveal Charles her and Jughead's half-brother. "Hey Betty. We need to talk." Charles says. "Sure. Come in, I have 30 minutes before people start arriving or you can stay." Betty says. "I can't stay. I just wanted you to know that we found Mom." Charles says. "What?" Betty asks as she is sure she is hearing things. "We located Mom just outside of Greendale. She was stumbling along the road." Charles says. Betty sits on the sofa not quite being able to process this information. "I know this is a lot to take in and I realise that you don't need stress in your condition, but she has asked to see you." Charles says. Jughead walks in the room just as Charles finishes speaking. "Why is Charles here?" He asks confused. "They found my mom Jug. She wants to see me." Betty says. "Whatever you decide I'll support you Betts." Jughead says. "I don't need an answer right now. Just give me a call if you agree to see her." Charles says. Charles leaves after saying his piece and Betty and Jughead share a look as if to say We'll discuss this later.

45 minutes later the guests start arriving for the gender reveal party. Archie and Veronica arrive first followed closely by Cheryl and Toni with Juniper and Dagwood. F.P and Jellybean arrive with Sweet Pea. Kevin and Reggie arrive last but certainly least. "Welcome everyone. This party is so that Betty and I can reveal the twin's gender to you. First however we have put together a few games." Jughead greets. "Okay, on the table are envelopes with your name printed on and each uniquely coloured to suit you. Inside you will find a poll card we want you to vote for the gender you think the twins will be." Betty says. The guests pick up their envelopes and a take a few moments to decide on their vote.

Jughead and Betty then hand out cards so that the guests can write down suggestions for baby names. The guests all take a few moments to write down their suggestions for each gender. 5 minutes later Jughead takes the cards from them and looks through them with Betty and they assess each suggestion carefully. "Who suggested Forsythe Pendleton Jones IV?" Betty asks while laughing. "Well... that could either be dad, Jellybean or Archie." Jughead says. They look up at the guests and see them watching them with raised eyebrows.

Jughead and Betty read out the votes for the gender before they reveal the real gender. Jughead pops the first balloon which rains down pink confetti. Then betty pops the second balloon which rains down blue confetti. The guests all gasp as it's revealed the twins are a boy and a girl. The guests who guessed this on the poll card all receive a thank you card with a special gift. "We will reveal the babies names at the Baby Shower." Betty says. "No fair." Jellybean whines. Jughead and Betty laugh and start opening gifts that the guests bought with them.

An hour and a half later everyone starts to leave and Jughead starts to clean up and put away the stuff in the nursery for the babies. Betty goes upstairs for a bath. In the nursery Jughead arranges all the stuff for the twins into the places that Betty wants them.