Chapter 27

2 Years & 3 Months old / 3 Months Old

June 21

Betty and Jughead have managed to make a routine when it comes to getting the kids ready and getting ready for work although they have taken to doing a lot of their work at home only going to the office for the editing. Jughead managed to get Penny everything she wanted, and no one has heard from her since. Kevin moved in with Fangs and now they are raising Danielle, Skye & Sienna together. No one has heard from Veronica since she went back to NYC. Archie is used to life as a single father by now. F.P keeps receiving mail from Gladys that he refuses to open and keeps sending back to her. He will never forgive her for what she did to Jughead. Cheryl and Toni are still raising Juniper and Dagwood who have both started to ask to see their Aunt Betty and Uncle Jughead more often. Jellybean is now fed up to the point that she is questioning whether she will be a good mom.

F.P and Charles are currently at the sheriff's station going over all the evidence for their mystery assailant who is still at large. They are both trying to pull their resources together on the case, but they keep coming up empty. Betty and Jughead have been helping them out as well where they can. None of them can quite place the connection between the attacks though. F.P's phone suddenly starts to ring. He picks up the phone and sees Jughead's name on the caller ID. "Hey Jug, is everything okay?" F.P asks. "Dad, it's Jellybean she went into labor about 30 minutes ago and her water just broke so we're heading to Riverdale General now. I left Betty at home with the kids and Sweet Pea but promised to keep her updated." Jughead says in a rush. "Okay I'm on my way to the hospital now. I'll see you soon." F.P says and then hangs up the phone. F.P grabs the keys to the cruiser and his jacket. "Will you be okay with this alone? JB needs me." F.P says to Charles in a rush. Charles nods as F.P runs out of the door.

When F.P arrives at Riverdale General he sees Jughead in the waiting room. "They wouldn't let me stay with her because I'm not her parent or partner." Jughead says when F.P reaches him. "It's okay Jug. I will go and be with her. You should head home to Betty. I'll call you as soon as I have an update I promise. Go be with your wife and kids." F.P says. "You sure Dad? I can stay if you need me to." Jughead insists. "I'm positive boy. Now go. I'll take care of your sister." F.P says before heading over to the receptionist to find out where Jellybean's room is.

Jughead drives home to Betty and decides to pick up Pop's on the way back because he is hungry, and Betty probably is too. He starts to think about the fact that his 15-year-old sister is about to give birth to a baby. He is supposed to protect her from things like this and it happened right under his nose. He has faith in his sister and knows that she can handle herself and her child, but she shouldn't be in this situation when she is still a child herself. He's starting to understand the way his dad felt when they told him Betty was pregnant the first time even though he was 18 at the time.

When Jughead enters the house with Pop's for him and Betty he notices that Kevin and Fangs are in the living room without their kids. "Hey Guys. Not to be nosey but where are your kids?" Jughead asks. "Dad wants to bond with them, so we left them with him and Sierra." Kevin says. "Sierra huh? I didn't realise you and Attorney McCoy are on first name terms." Betty says amused. "We both are. She said we are family no matter what has happened, and things are going to change." Kevin says. Jughead hands Betty the Pop's bag with her food and heads upstairs to check on their kids. When he comes back downstairs a few minutes later he has James in his arms.

32 hours later

Jughead is working on the front page for tomorrow's edition of the Riverdale Register which is still currently about the towns masked assailant asking anyone who has information to please talk to the sheriff's office. Betty is out with Toni, Cheryl, Juniper and Dagwood right now. Jughead's phone starts to ring and he looks at the caller ID seeing Dad flash across the screen. Jughead slides his finger along the screen to answer the phone. "Hey Dad. Is everything okay?" Jughead asks. "Yeah Jug. They are both healthy she gave birth to her little boy at 8.01am but I didn't tell people right away because I wanted to give her some time before people saw him, so she didn't get overwhelmed. She named him Luke Brian Mitchell Jones." F.P explains. "That's amazing I will come and see them both later. I'm home with all 3 kids by myself at the moment. Betty hasn't been out since she had James, so I let her go out with Cheryl and Toni." Jughead says. "That's fine. Jellybean is sleeping right now anyway." F.P says. "I'm glad they are both healthy Dad." Jughead says. "Me too. I better go Jug." F.P says. "See you later." Jughead says and then F.P hangs up the phone. Jughead goes back to finishing the front page.