Chapter 14

9 months Old

Betty and Jughead have been engaged for 3 months now. They told their friends and family 2 days after Jughead proposed. Veronica and Archie are proud parents to 1-month old Natalia Elizabeth Andrews. Veronica gave Betty back ownership of the Riverdale Register and she gave Jughead a job with her. The twins have got their little personalities now. Ally is a Mommy's girl and Freddie is a Daddy's boy. Josie returned to Riverdale and is now Betty and Jughead's babysitter when they are working.

Betty and Jughead are currently in the office at the Riverdale Register working on a story about the new homeless scheme put in place for all the Southside Serpents still living in tent city. Betty, Jughead, Veronica, Archie and F.P have been coordinating with Mr. Keller and Attorney McCoy who are heading the project and waiting for the green light from the Mayor's office. Archie finally has his youth center on the southside up and running with Mad Dog as his business partner. Jughead and Betty decided to adopt a dog as Hot Dog III is living with Jellybean, F.P and Sweet Pea. They named the dog Hot Dog IV.

When Betty and Jughead return home after their long day at the register they greeted with the sight of the twins pulling on Josie and Sweet Pea. They look at Josie and Sweet Pea's faces and can't help but laugh. "You know instead of laughing at us you could help here." Sweet Pea says. Jughead and Betty walk over and scoop them up and pepper their faces with kisses. The twins let out peels of laughter. "Have you two been little monkeys for your Aunt Josie and Uncle Sweets huh? Must be those Jones genes." Jughead says. Betty chuckles at Jughead's statement. "You know Juggie if you didn't encourage them so much, they wouldn't do it to everyone else except us." Betty says. Jughead gives her an indignant look but says nothing.

After Sweet Pea and Josie leave back to Josie's apartment Betty starts cooking their dinner. She decides to make a homemade lasagna. While Betty is cooking Jughead sits with the twins and watches Tarzan. Jughead is only half paying attention to the film when he hears a little voice speak up "Food." Alice says. At first Jughead's brain doesn't quite register what it heard. "Food." Alice says again. Jughead looks at Alice with the biggest smile. "Betty can you come in here?" Jughead calls into the kitchen. Betty comes into the living room from the kitchen. "Alice show Mommy what you just showed Daddy." Jughead says. Alice smiles seeing Jughead's smile. "Food." Alice says once again. "Did she just..." Betty trails off. "Yep. She said her first word. Given that she is a Jones I'm not surprised her first word is food." Jughead says. Freddie starts to notice all the attention on his sister, so he crawls to Jughead. "Dada." Frederick says. Jughead looks down with a huge grin on his face. "Did you hear that Betts? He said Dada." Jughead says with pride. "Well he does love his Daddy." Betty says. Once dinner is served and eaten Betty and Jughead bath the twins and put them to bed. They then venture back downstairs and cuddle up on the couch watching Elf since Christmas is only a week away.

6 Days Later – Christmas Eve

Betty and Jughead have taken a couple of days break before today from the office to enjoy the twins first Christmas and make sure that everything is special. Archie and Veronica have gone all out for Natalia's first Christmas (not that she'll remember it much). Betty and Jughead have a tree in the corner of the living room decorated with Blue and Gold decorations. Hot Dog IV and the twins think it's funny to pull the decorations off the tree whenever Betty and Jughead turn their back even if it's just for a second. Betty and Jughead are currently bathing the twins ready to put them to bed as it's 7pm and they like to have the twins in bed by 7:30pm.

Once the twins have been bathed Betty and Jughead take them to the bedroom and they dress them in onesies. Ally's is pink with unicorns on it and Freddie's is green with books on it. Betty and Jughead sit in the rocking chairs they have in the twins room and slowly start to rock while they listen to the lullaby channel on the radio. Once the twins are asleep, they place them gently in their cribs and head downstairs. When they arrive downstairs, they pull all the Christmas presents out and place them under the tree. Pink wrapping paper for Betty, Silver wrapping paper for Jughead, Pink with unicorns wrapping paper for Ally & Green with dogs wrapping paper for Freddie.

The Next Day – Christmas Day

Ally and Freddie wake up at 5am and start calling out for Jughead. "DADA!!" They both shout. Jughead wakes up with a groan and sees the bed empty however he hears the toilet flush. Betty comes out of the bathroom and sees Jughead's bed head. "Merry Christmas. Come on. The kids can't wait any longer." Betty says. "Merry Christmas to you too. Okay I'm up. I guess they still don't understand the concept of early." Jughead says. "Nope. Now put some clothes on and meet us downstairs." Betty says walking out the room to get the twins.

When Jughead makes his way downstairs he hears the twins laughter and Betty singing in the living room. He heads in that direction and sees Betty and the twins on the floor in their pajamas while Betty sings Christmas Carols. Betty looks up as Jughead enters the room and motions for Jughead to join her while still singing. Jughead chuckles and sits next to Betty. Jughead sits admiring as she continues sing carols. 'I'm so lucky to have her' Jughead thinks. At 7am Jughead stands up and decides to make waffles for breakfast.

After breakfast Jughead and Betty clean up the twins and head into the living room and sit by the tree. They show the twins what to do with the presents by tearing their own open so the twins can see. Once all the gifts are open Jughead cleans up the wrapping paper into the trash. Betty and Jughead then dress the twins and themselves to head next door to have Christmas dinner with F.P, Jellybean and Sweet Pea.

When Jughead and Betty arrive at the Jones house with the twins the sight that greets makes them laugh. F.P is in the kitchen cooking; Jellybean is dancing to the radio and Sweet Pea is buried in wrapping paper. Upon hearing Jughead and Betty's laughter F.P steps out of the kitchen. "Merry Christmas Dad." Jughead says as a way of greeting. "Merry Christmas to you and Betty and my grandbabies of course." F.P says plucking Freddie out Jughead's arms. Betty passes Ally to Sweet Pea who has now emerged from the wrapping paper pile. Jellybean runs up to Jughead and Betty and hugs them.

Once they have had dinner with F.P, Jellybean and Sweet Pea and opened their gifts from them, they gather the twins and head to the Pembrook to see Archie and Veronica. When Archie lets them into the apartment, they see Veronica sat on the sofa with Natalia and surrounded by all the gifts they have opened. Betty and Jughead sit down on the sofa opposite Archie and Veronica. Veronica hands Natalia to Archie and walks off into one of the bedrooms. When Veronica returns, she is holding a gift each for Betty and Jughead and 2 bags of gifts one each for the twins. "Merry Christmas Guys." Veronica says. "Merry Christmas to you guys too. Thank you. I swear we are going to run out of room in the car with the amount of gifts these kids have got." Jughead says. Betty hands them the bag they bought in with them that has the gifts for Archie, Veronica and Natalia inside.

When Betty and Jughead return home, they find Alice and Charles on their doorstep. "Merry Christmas to both of you. We aren't going to stay. We just wanted to drop off some presents." Alice says. "Merry Christmas Mom. We've told you before you are always welcome." Betty says. Alice hands the bag of gifts to Betty as Jughead is getting all the other gifts out of the car and turns to leave. "Mom at least come in for a Hot Chocolate it's Christmas and I've spent time with Jughead's family now I want to spend time with the only family I have left." Betty says. "Sure." Alice says. Alice, Charles and Betty walk into the house to see the twins playing with their toys on the living room floor and Jughead in the kitchen making drinks. Betty sits down on the floor near the twins with a huge smile on her face. 'This is the best first Christmas for my kids' Betty thinks as she watches Alice bond with the twins.