Chapter 23

1 year and 10 months old

8 January – 1.30am

Bughead are woken up by their cell phones persistently ringing on their bedside tables. Jughead blindly reaches for his phone and answers without checking the caller ID. "Hello?" Jughead asks when he answers. "Jug, can you open the door?" Archie asks on the other end of the line. "Arch what the hell?" Jughead asks frustrated at being woken up. "I need you and Betty to watch Nat. Veronica is in labor." Archie says. Jughead suddenly awake sits bolt upright and scrambles out of bed to grab his bathrobe. Jughead heads downstairs and opens the door to be greeted with the sight of a disheveled Archie and a sleepy Natalia. "Thanks Jug." Archie says passing Natalia to him and heading for his car.

Jughead heads back into the house with Natalia and sees Betty stood at the top of the stairs hand on her prominent bump. "Hey Betts, did I wake you?" Jughead asks. "No, I needed the bathroom. The joy of being pregnant is having constant bathroom breaks." Betty says sarcastically. "Archie woke me up. Veronica has gone into labor with the twins." Jughead says. "That answers my next question. I was about to ask why you have Natalia." Betty says. "I'm going to lay her down in Ally's travel crib. Then I'm coming right back to bed." Jughead says. Betty heads back into their bedroom while Jughead goes into the twins room and lays Natalia down in the travel crib which is still up in the corner from when she was last there with Archie.

Jughead is laid in bed next to Betty not being able to fall back to sleep. He has turned the TV on with the volume turned right down. At 2,05am Jughead's phone lights up on the nightstand he picks it up to see a text.

Archie 😊: Meet Peter Jared Andrews born at 2.03am on 8 January.

Image Attached

There was a picture attached of a smiling Archie holding his newborn son. Jughead smiles at the picture and looks at Betty with a smile. Betty snuggles closer into Jughead and his phone beeps with a message again.

Kevin :D: My baby girl is here. I present Danielle Sophie Keller born at 2.33am on 8 January.

Image Attached

Jughead chuckles at the antics of his friends and puts his phone back on his bedside table and snuggles Betty closer in attempts to fall back asleep. Betty wakes up and looks at Jughead. "You okay love?" Betty asks. "Yeah, I was just struggling to fall asleep after Arch left. Kevin and Archie sent me pictures." Jughead says reaching for his phone. Jughead pulls up the photos and shows Betty. "Archie called his son Peter Jared Andrews and Kevin named his daughter Danielle Sophie Keller." Jughead says as Betty looks at the picture. "I can't wait for our little boy to be born." Betty says and Jughead nods in response. Jughead takes his phone back from Betty and they cuddle once again, and both manage to drift to sleep.

Next Morning

Betty and Jughead are just finishing dressing the twins and Natalia when the doorbell rings. Jughead answers the door and sees Archie stood there. "Hey Arch." Jughead says opening the front door. "Hey Jug. I'm on my way back to the hospital. I wanted to pick up Natalia and take her to meet Peter." Archie says. "Betty and I are just getting the kids dressed why don't you take a seat and I'll go and check if the kids are ready." Jughead says. "Thanks Jug." Archie says. Jughead makes his way upstairs to help Betty.

When Jughead makes his way back downstairs Natalia spots Archie sitting on sofa. "Dada!" Natalia exclaims. "Hi Sweetie, do you want to go and meet your brother? Also, Mama and Kev might let you meet your sister." Archie says. Natalia nods and wiggles for Jughead to put her on the ground. When Jughead sets her on the ground she runs straight to Archie. Archie picks her up and kisses her cheek not noticing Jughead walk back up the stairs to get his own kids. Bughead emerge from upstairs together Jughead carrying the twins and Betty carrying Natalia's bag. Betty hands Natalia's bag to Archie who accepts it. "Thank You. For watching her and being understanding." Archie says. "Anytime Arch." Betty says. Archie ducks his head sheepishly and heads for the door.