Chapter 29

4 years old / 2 years old

Freddie and Ally have now started Preschool. Betty wonders where her tiny little babies went. Jughead can't believe how much his children have grown up and that the twins have started Preschool. Both of them are doing really well with the Riverdale Register and Jughead's book is a bestseller. James is definitely experiencing the terrible twos. Jughead sometimes wonders how he and Betty managed to cope with the twins when they were like that.

Jughead received a letter from Gladys requesting that he go and see her as she has something that she needs to say to him. He has been stewing on whether he should hear her out or not after everything she has done wrong throughout his life. He knows that his life hasn't been easy without her around, but he also knows that she made things hard when she was around. He tried to understand his moms reasoning behind her actions, but he is still baffled by them. He doesn't why she would kidnap her 18-year-old son at the time just because someone was threatening her daughter. If he was in that situation, he would sacrifice himself to save any of his kids.

Jellybean is doing surprisingly well raising Luke and she is on track to graduate High School a year early as the center where she is being schooled allows it's students to have their own personal tutor. She has surprised her Dad and Jughead with how well she is coping with being a single Mom even though she is only 17 and has a 2-year-old. She regrets sneaking out and getting drunk however if she hadn't, she wouldn't have her little boy and she wouldn't change him for everything in the world. She loves living with her dad, but she is starting to think that her and Luke need their own space because her dad also has Alice and Charles living in the house.

Archie has gotten close with Melody lately and she love spending time with him and his kids. They have been spending a lot of time together and all of his friends and his mom are happy to see him smiling a lot more because when Veronica left his smile was a rare sight. He is doing really well with Natalia and Peter. He has reached out to Veronica in NYC a couple of times even sent her photos of the children. He loves having his Mom around but sometimes he feels as though she only agreed to move to Riverdale because his father passed away.

Betty has expanded the Riverdale Register so that it also has a website for extra special stories. She also helps out the students of Riverdale High with the Blue and Gold when they need it. She feels all emotional when she thinks about her first-born babies being in Preschool already. She loves spending time with her Mom and the kids. She has a secret though that she hasn't even had a chance to tell Jughead yet. She is pregnant with their 4th child and worried about the secrets and lies that are happening between her, Jughead and Charles. She also wishes she had her best friend back because Veronica has been ghosting everybody since she left Riverdale.

That night

When Jughead arrives home with the twins after spending a few hours with Alice and his Dad, Betty is sat on the sofa completely spaced out. Jughead takes the twins upstairs and gets them ready for bed (The twins ate at Alice and F.P's). He then tucks them into bed and reads them a story. When Jughead comes downstairs he sees Betty in the same position. "Betts, are you okay?" Jughead asks breaking Betty out of her trance. "I'm... erm..." Betty says. "You're what?" Jughead asks worried. "I'm pregnant again Juggie." Betty says nervously. "Huh?" Jughead asks "I'm pregnant again." Betty repeats. "We were careful." Jughead says in confusion. "I know and I am really sorry." Betty says. "Don't apologize Betts we are both at fault." Jughead says. He pulls Betty into a gentle hug and then picks her up bridal style and carries her to bed.