Chapter 10

8 Months Pregnant

Betty and Jughead are hosting a baby shower for the twins. They have decorated the house with Pink and Blue balloons. They have also created a banner together to make it more personal. Jughead is currently laying out the food on the table whilst sneaking bites. "Forsythe Pendleton Jones III you better not be eating all that food." Betty chastises as she waddles into the dining room. "I'm not Betts, I'm just snacking." Jughead says cheekily. Betty rolls her eye and waddles out the room to sit back on the sofa in the living room.

1 hour later F.P, Jellybean and Sweet Pea arrive and Jughead directs them to the table to place their gifts down on. Next to arrive is Toni and Cheryl with Juniper and Dagwood. They run to Betty seated on the sofa. "Hi Aunt Betty. Aunt Cheryl said to give you this." Juniper says handing Betty a gift. Betty takes the gift and hands it to Jughead to put with the others. "Thank you. Both of you. Also thank you for bringing them today Cheryl." Betty says. "You're welcome Cousin." Cheryl says, Toni hands their gift to Jughead. Kevin, Mr. Keller and Attorney McCoy are the next to arrive. Kevin hugs Betty and coos over her bump. Archie and Veronica arrive 20 minutes later with their hair a mess and outfits askew. All the adults crack up laughing. Archie rolls his eyes and places their gift with the rest.

After all the guests have eaten Betty and Jughead sit at the table to open the gifts from the guests. They open Toni and Cheryl's gifts which consisted of baby grows, bottles, diapers & a picture frame containing the latest ultrasound photo. They then open the gift from Juniper and Dagwood (bought by Cheryl and Toni of course) a set of baby grows that say 'I have the best cousins. "Thanks Cher and Thanks Toni." Betty says. "You're welcome." Toni says. They open F.P and Jellybean's gifts which are a pram, car seat and blankets (a blue one that says serpent prince with a serpent wearing a crown and the pink one was the same except it said serpent princess). "Thanks Dad." Jughead says. F.P hugs Jughead and Betty. They open the gifts from Kevin, Mr. Keller and Attorney McCoy next. More diapers, a teddy each and a picture of Jughead and Betty in their little world fawning over her bump. "Thanks Kev." Betty says. Kevin just pulls Betty into a hug. Sweet Pea got the babies mini leather jackets. Varchie got them more stuff for the nursery, teddies and a photo of the four of them. After thanking Sweet Pea and Varchie they clean up the mess from the wrapping paper.

Jughead and Betty sit everyone down ready to reveal the names for the twins. Betty feels a sharp pain go through her abdomen and hisses. Jughead looks over at her and his eyebrows crease together. "You okay Betts?" Jughead asks. "Yeah just Braxton hicks contractions." Betty says. However just as she says this a wet patch forms on her trousers and trickles down her leg. "Erm Jug? My water just broke." Betty says a little bit of panic in her voice. "Okay. I'll grab the bag. Archie please go and start the car. Ronnie help Betty to the car and I'll be right out with the bag." Jughead says. Jughead runs upstairs and grabs the bag. Archie runs outside to start the car and Veronica helps Betty to her feet and out the front door. Jughead runs back downstairs with the bag and passed everyone.

47 hours later

Jughead and Betty are now the proud parents to fraternal twins. A boy named Frederick Archie Pendleton Jones born on March 17th at 4:27 am and a girl named Alice Mary Veronica Jones born March 17th at 5:16 am. Jughead and Betty's love for the twins grew when they set eyes on them for the first. Betty is currently sleeping. Jughead is currently texting everyone to tell them that the twins are here and healthy.

Jughead created the group chat: Parenthood

Jughead added Toni, Cheryl, Archie, JB, Dad, Ronnie, Sweets and Kevin to the group chat.

Jughead: I created this group chat to announce the arrival of Frederick Archie Pendleton Jones at 4:27 am and Alice Mary Veronica Jones at 5:16 am on March 17th. Both are healthy and so is Mommy. Betty is currently sleeping.

Toni: Congrats Jones!

Sweets: Congrats Bro!

Dad: Congrats Son! I can't wait to see my grandbabies.

JB: Congrats! I'm now officially an aunt.

Cheryl: Congrats! I have more cousins.

Ronnie: Congrats! I can't wait to meet my Godchildren.

Kevin: Congrats! Yay Bughead babies are here.

Archie: Congrats! I want to see my Godchildren soon.

After reading everyone's congratulations messages Jughead puts his phone down as the nurse wheels the twins in. The nurse places Alice in his arms and Betty wakes up so the nurse hands her Frederick. "Would you like to try feeding, Miss Cooper?" The nurse asks. "Sure." Betty says. The nurse shows Betty how to persuade the baby to latch on. Frederick latches on hungrily. "Jug he's latched." Betty says. "That's amazing Betts. When he's finished, we'll have to see if Alice will latch." Jughead says. Once Frederick has finished the nurse shows Betty how to burp him. Betty then follows the same process with Alice.

1 hour later a quiet knock on the door pulled Betty and Jughead out of the quiet conversation they engaged in while the twins sleep in the cots nearby. The door opens to reveal F.P and Jellybean with huge smiles on their faces. Jughead motions them inside. F.P walks into the room and takes a seat next to Jughead and Jellybean sits on the other side of Betty's bed. Jughead stands up and picks Alice up to hand her to F.P and hands Frederick to Jellybean and shows her how to support his head. "He looks like you Betty." Jellybean says. "Yeah he does, and Ally looks like Jug." Betty says. Jughead and Betty share a soft smile.