Chapter 20

1 Year and 8 Months Old

November 14 – Natalia's 1st Birthday

Jughead and Betty are helping Archie prepare a party for Natalia's 1st Birthday. F.P has taken Jellybean and the twins to see Alice for a few hours while Bughead helps. Betty is now 5 months pregnant and at the scan they had a few days ago they found out they are having another little boy. Archie bought Lion King decorations and made some because Natalia loves the film now. "How are things between you and Veronica now?" Jughead asks. "If I'm honest Jug, me and Veronica are still far from on speaking terms. I had to ask Kevin to pass on her invite for today. I'm just happy that she still does stuff with Nat. The only thing that really bothers me is she makes Kevin pick her up." Archie says. "I honestly don't know what advice I can give you." Jughead says. "Mom and Robert have been helping a lot." Archie says. As Jughead goes to answer Archie the doorbell rings. Archie opens the door to reveal Josie and Sweet Pea. "Hey Guys, come in!" Archie says cheerfully. Josie and Sweet Pea enter and notice all the decorations ready for Natalia's.

Once all the guests have arrived Archie is just waiting for his Mom, Robert, Zoey and Natalia to arrive. Jughead looks at Archie and can tell he is stressed. "Arch, she'll love this, and she loves you." Jughead says. "Jug's right Arch every time you walk in a room and she sees you a big grin appears on her face." Betty says. "Thanks Guys." Archie says. "How much longer do I have to be here?" Veronica asks rather loudly. "You know what Lodge if you don't want to be here you know where the door is. Archie wanted your daughter to have both her Mom and Dad present for her birthday. If anyone should be uncomfortable it is Archie not you." Jughead snaps. "Ronnie come on this is for Natalia. Think of her." Kevin reasons trying to diffuse the tension. Archie rolls his eyes and walks outside to sit on the porch. "Dada!" Natalia shouts when she sees Archie outside. "Hi baby. Did you have fun with Grandma?" Archie asks her. Natalia nods. Archie picks her up and heads inside with her. "Happy Birthday!" Everyone gently shouts and Natalia claps.

When it comes to open her presents, Natalia becomes more interested in the wrapping paper than the actual gifts. The gifts are a huge selection of clothes from various people and more toys than Archie would know what to do with. Archie cleans away the wrapping paper much to Natalia's disappointment and heads to the kitchen. He comes back in a couple of minutes later with a cake decorated with the silhouette of Simba, Timon and Pumbaa plus a candle in the shape of the number 1. Archie starts singing Happy Birthday and everyone else follows suit.

When the party is over Jughead and Mary stay and help Archie clean up. Archie and Mary clean up in the kitchen and Jughead cleans up in the living room making sure to keep their noise down as Natalia is asleep upstairs. "I'm proud of you Archie. You are coping really well with being a single dad and it is going to get a lot harder when your son arrives, but I know you can do it." Mary says. "I never thought that she would be disinterested in her own daughter's birthday party." Archie says. "I know Archie, but it seems to me that Kevin wants the same thing you do so maybe in order to make sure that Natalia is able to see Veronica continue to arrange the visits with him." Mary says. "It's not that simple Mom. Josie has told me that Veronica goes out and leaves Nat with Kevin when she is supposed to spend time with her." Archie says. "Archie you need to focus on being that gorgeous girls Daddy and giving her the best life. When your little boy is here, he's going to need a lot of attention, but she will need you too." Mary says. Archie nods.

Bughead are in bed later watching the walking dead. Jughead turns to face Betty and watches her face intently as she reacts to the different scenarios on the screen. "Jug you're staring." Betty says. "I like the view. Pure beauty." Jughead says. "Wow Jughead Jones that there was cheesy. As an author I would have thought you could come up with something better than that." Betty says. "What can I say Betty Cooper? You make my brain short circuit whenever I am around you." Jughead says. "I love you Jughead Jones." Betty says. "I love you more Betty Cooper and you can't argue with me on that one." Jughead says. "Your son has decided now is the time to use my bladder as a squeeze toy." Betty says and stands up so she can make her way to the bathroom.

The Next Day

The twins wake up Bughead at 7:15am demanding their attention. However, Jughead decides to let Betty lie in because their unborn baby boy doesn't let his Mommy sleep much. Jughead takes the twins downstairs and puts them in their highchairs while he makes breakfast. Just as Jughead finishes making breakfast there is a knock on the front door. Jughead looks through the peephole and sees Fangs. He slowly opens the door and then steps outside. "Fangs?" Jughead asks. "Hey Jones. I thought Andrews still lived here." Fangs says. "No, he and his mom sold it to me and Betty when his dad died. How are you here?" Jughead asks. "Edgar left me behind when they moved on again." Fangs says. "I'd invite you inside but Betty's asleep and I am sorting breakfast out." Jughead says. "It's okay I was actually looking for someone who knows where Kevin is. No one was home when I knocked." Fangs says. "Mr. Keller and Attorney McCoy have gone away for the week and Kevin and Josie now live at the Pembrook." Jughead says. "Thank you, Jones." Fangs says. "I should warn you though you won't like what you find there. Now I really need to go back inside." Jughead says and then heads back inside.

Once back inside Jughead sees Betty up and feeding the twins their breakfast. "Who was at the door?" Betty asks. "Fangs." Jughead says. "Wait what? Fangs is back?" Betty asks shocked. "Yeah he is, he said Edgar left him behind when they moved on again." Jughead explains. "Why was he knocking here?" Betty asks. "He was planning to ask Archie if he knows where Kevin is because he thought Archie still lived here." Jughead says. "Did you tell him where Kevin is?" Betty asks. "I also told him he won't like what he finds there too." Jughead says. Betty shrugs and Jughead grabs his breakfast.

Once they finish their breakfast, they drop the twins off at Josie and Sweet Pea's apartment and head to the Riverdale Register. They have all the information they need from Alice for their expose on The Farm. So now they are going to focus on turning it all into the best piece of news they can muster so that others can be warned of the intentions of The Farm. Alice gave them information that only those close to Edgar know. They also have enough to be able to incriminate Evelyn. Alice also gave them photographic evidence and a lot of personal stories from members of The Farm who picked up on their shady activities.

Jellybean stops by the office after school to see how Jughead and Betty are because where they have been busy, she hasn't seen them much. "Hey Betty, how have you been?" Jellybean asks. "Hey JB, Jug and are pretty busy at the moment trying to get this story finished and make sure all the information from my mom is incorporated." Betty says. "Oh!" Jellybean sighs. "Did you need something?" Betty asks. "Just wondered if you and I could talk," Jellybean says. "I could actually do with a break I know your dad offered to have Freddie and Ally tonight so we can finish this but I'm kind of hungry. Do you want to head to Pop's?" Betty asks. "Sure." Jellybean says. "Great I'll just go and talk to Jug." Betty says. "Okay." Jellybean says. "Here why don't you go and start up the car." Betty says handing Jellybean her car keys.

When Betty and Jellybean arrive at Pop's they slip into a booth so they can speak privately. "What's up JB?" Betty asks. "Please don't tell Dad or Jug. I don't know what to do because I'm only 15 and I know they will both be mad at me. Just before I tell you take into consideration, I snuck out to a school party and got very drunk." Jellybean says. "Okay just tell me." Betty says. "I'm pregnant Betty and I don't know who the father is." Jellybean says. Betty just stares at her with her mouth wide open.