Chapter 8

A/N - As a 1 off I will post 2 chapters today and tomorrow

Unknown Location

Jughead has been here for 3 days now. He is worried about Betty because he doesn't know if she is stressing trying to find him or not. He hears a commotion outside the door and sits up although as he's cuffed to the bed, he can't really defend himself. Suddenly the door bursts open and F.P and Tom Keller run into the room. "Dad?" Jug asks as he's not entirely sure he's real. "Jug. Jesus kid you look awful." F.P says with relief that his son is alive and still relatively in one piece. Tom uncuffs Jughead from the bed and F.P pulls him into a hug. "We're taking you to the hospital. Just to check there is no lasting damage." F.P says. Jughead just nods too exhausted to argue. Also, Chuck may have broken a couple of his ribs. So, he wouldn't mind getting them checked.

Jones' House

After Sweet Pea text F.P

F.P dropped the girls back at the house and saw Archie sat outside the house in Fred's old truck. He instructed Betty and Jellybean to stay in the house with the front door locked. They nod as they head inside. F.P turns to Archie in the truck. "What's going on Arch? F.P asks. "Get in. I'll explain on the way." Archie says. F.P gets in the truck and Archie drives them to meet Sweet Pea.

They arrive at an abandoned house on the edge of Fox Forest and climb silently out of the truck. Sweet Pea is crouched behind the house so F.P and Archie make their way over to him. "We tailed someone here who then dragged Jughead inside and no one has been out since." Sweet Pea says. "I'm going to head to the station and sort out reinforcements to get my son back" F.P says. "I have some of the serpents stationed in the woods surrounding the area so if anyone leaves, we will know." Sweet Pea says. F.P nods and heads off to Archie's truck.

At the Jones' house Veronica and Betty are currently watching Mean Girls with Jellybean and eating popcorn and chocolate. F.P walks in briefly and grabs the keys to his cruiser as he already has his uniform on. Betty suddenly stands up and waddles to the bathroom muttering something about constant bathroom breaks. Veronica and Jellybean chuckle lowly so that Betty doesn't hear them.

F.P gets to the Sheriff's Station and starts to gather all the officers together to take them to the abandoned house near Fox Forest. As in the 48 hours the officers interchanged when they switched shifts and kept each other up to date on all the necessary information. Now however F.P felt like they should all be there to end this nightmare. "Alright everyone, we have a possible location for our missing person as he was spotted with another unknown person by a reliable source." F.P says. The officers head out to the abandoned house in Fox Forest and storm into the building and begin their search.

Riverdale General Hospital

Jughead is being checked over by a doctor. Archie stepped outside to call Betty and let her know that Jughead was at the hospital as precaution for some minor injuries. F.P is sat in the waiting room waiting for word on when he could go in and see Jughead. 15 minutes later Archie walks back inside the hospital with Betty, Veronica and Jellybean in tow. Jughead is explaining the trauma he was put through to the doctor and an officer who works closely with his dad. When all the necessary tests are done the doctor heads to the waiting room. "Family of Forsythe Jones III?" The doctor asks. Betty, F.P and Jellybean stand up and follow the doctor to Jughead's room. "He has a mild concussion, a few bruised ribs, cuts and bruises on his face and chest and appears to be dehydrated. He's now sleeping but we want to keep him in overnight to keep him hydrated." The doctor explains. F.P and Betty nod and they along with Jellybean silently enter the room.

When they enter the room Jughead is sat staring through the window at the night sky however having heard them enter turns to face them. "Hey." Jughead says. "how are you feeling Jug?" Betty asks. "Achy and tired mostly. I missed you." Jughead says. "I missed you too. Juggie what happened?" Betty asks. "My mum held me captive in a basement on orders from Penelope Blossom because she didn't want any harm to come to Jellybean. I knew she never cared which she has proven time and time again, but I never thought she was capable of this." Jughead says. Betty doesn't say anything however she does walk over and grab his hand. "I love you, Betty Cooper." Jughead says. "Jughead Jones, I love you too." Betty says. Jughead shifts over a little and pats the bed beside him as an invitation for Betty to climb in.