Chapter 21

1 Week Later

Betty is still shocked with Jellybean's revelation. She keeps trying to persuade her to tell her dad and Jug before it's too late. Jughead and F.P will be mad at first yes but it's better she tells them rather than them find out in a bad way. Jellybean told Betty that she wants to keep the baby and she can't keep this a secret as that's what she intends to do. Jughead has noticed something bothering Betty for a few days now and he's hoping she will tell him what it is.

Betty picks Jellybean up from school that afternoon as she has finally decided to tell her father and brother about her situation, and she wants Betty there for moral support. When they arrive at F.P and Jellybean's house Jellybean suddenly becomes very nervous. Betty and Jellybean enter the house with Jellybean hiding slightly behind Betty. "Dad? Jug? I have something to tell you and I don't want you to get mad and shout or threaten anybody." Jellybean says. "What is it JB?" F.P asks. "I'm pregnant Dad. I am so sorry." Jellybean says. "WHAT? WHO KNOCKED UP MY SISTER?" Jughead demands. "YOU'RE WHAT?" F.P shouts. "Guys can you at least calm down and let her explain?" Betty asks speaking up for the first time. Jughead and F.P take a deep breath and sit on the sofa so that Jellybean who is sitting in the armchair can explain. "First I want to apologize for sneaking out. I snuck out to a party one of the kids at school was throwing at their house. Everyone got drunk that night including me which again I am sorry for. I came on to this lad all I remember is he had dark hair and basically, I instigated sexual activities with him. I snuck out while it was still dark and 2 weeks after I missed my period." Jellybean says. "First things first, you are grounded young lady. Second, what do you plan to do?" F.P asks. "Dad, I am not getting an abortion I know I am younger than Jug and Betty when they had the twins, but I won't kill my child or abandon them, so adoption isn't an option either." Jellybean says. "I don't like this but if you need any help or advice, I have your back." Jughead says. "I'll support you, but you have to be responsible because these are the consequences of your actions." F.P says. Jellybean nods and runs over to her dad to hug him.

When Bughead are at home and the twins are in bed Jughead keeps zoning out while they are watching all their favourite Disney movies. "Betts, how is JB going to cope she's only 15?" Jughead asks. "Jug, I know you and your dad are scared for her and that's understandable and I also understand that we were older, but do you remember when we first told everyone about the twins? No one thought we could cope, and we proved them wrong. Yes, Jellybean is only 15 but I believe with love and support from us and your dad she can do this." Betty says. "I'm just scared for her Betty there are so many things that can happen in 9 months and I don't want her to have to suffer at 15." Jughead says. "I understand that Juggie, but she wants to do this, and we can't change her mind." Betty says. "I know our life hasn't been easy because of everything we've dealt with from Mom and Dad, but I never thought she would be a teen mom." Jughead says. "As long as she knows that we have her back she'll get through anything." Betty says. "You're right." Jughead says. "I usually am." Betty says and then cuddles further into him slowly falling asleep.

The Next Day

F.P, Jughead and Jellybean head to the hospital to find out how far along she is and if the baby is healthy. Meanwhile Betty has decided to take the twins to see her mom and Charles because it's been a few weeks. Betty is meeting them at Pop's. She arrives before her and Charles, so she finds a booth and orders herself a plate of fries and a vanilla milkshake. Just as Pop is placing her food on the table Alice and Charles walk in. Betty waves them over. "Hey." Betty says. "How have you been?" Alice asks. "5 months pregnant with a boy who has me constantly craving Pop's. Helping the Jones' with some drama. So, nothing out of the ordinary." Betty says. "Your also Jones now." Charles says. "I know. I don't regret that either." Betty says. Just then Betty turns to the door when the bell jingles above the door however when she's Veronica she rolls her eyes and focuses on her mom and Charles again.

They decided after lunch at Pop's to take a walk around Picken's Park and feed the ducks in the small pond. It felt nice for Betty to do something so simple and domesticated with her mother after everything they have dealt with over the past 5 years. Alice is thinking about how many times she spent simple days like this with Hal, Polly and Betty when the girls were younger, and things were much simpler and less complicated. Little did any of them know that very soon they be caught in the middle of the biggest gossip Riverdale has to offer this year.