I Repress my feelings

~CHOP CHOP~

"You're a dumbass!" My brother Bandon told me as I entered the drug dealers car.

"I need to befriend him," I whispered as I got into the passenger seat.

"There are other ways than promising him Rebbecca!"

"Trust me," I told him confidently, but the truth was, I had no idea I was doing.

Chris entered the car and started it, the smell of weed was overwhelming as I tried to sit still in the car. The cupholders were filled with bags of weed and if it wasn't for the tinted windows he would have been caught a long time ago. I caught a glimpse of Bandon sitting in the back seat, I'm guessing he learned how to stay in cars along with possessing people.

"Listen, kid, I don't know why you are helping me, but I don't really have a choice," Chris told me and I was confused to why he called me kid, I was the same age as him. I think.

"Let's just say I've been hanging out with your friends lately and have a reason to believe helping you will benefit me in some way."

"That sentence is too confusing but I think it was good," Chris responded and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Where we heading man?" Chris asked me and I didn't have a place in mind.

"Your house?" I asked and he nodded.

"Okay, John, what do you think I'm doing wrong?"

"Quit selling drugs."

"FUCK NO."

"You are not safe to be around if you keep doing drugs and selling them."

"She didn't mind that before!"

"She didn't have a child before!" I shot back at him and he was silent for a moment.

"This is my livelihood man, I do this for a living, my job."

"Dude! You're like seventeen! You can still go to school and get a legal job."

"You don't understand I support my whole family, my mother, my brothers, my sisters, I'm the only one bringing in money."

"Your mom?" I questioned and he sighed.

"She's... she can't."

"Why?"

"She's paralyzed."

"Oh." There was a silence in the car as I tried to figure out how to help this guy.

"How much money do you have?" I questioned, a question I didn't realize was risky until it left my mouth.

"I have around 400,000 thousand saved up," Chris told me and I felt my heartbeat rise, it was astonishing how much he said.

"What!?"

"400,000. It's a lot but it goes fast, trust me." Chris told me.

"Why?"

"Buying and selling ain't free you know."

"Yeah but 400,000?"

"I have dealers who sell for me, I can't stop or they'll be out of business."

"Do you really care about them more than Rebbecca? In my opinion, you can drop this drug business now and have enough money for the next few years and still have enough money college. You will be safe, stable, and a secure person for Rebbecca," I told him hoping it was that simple.

"I can't. I have too many people relying on me," Chris told me.

Bandon took interest in that line and whispered a chilling thought in my ear.