Sometimes I'm scared I'm a vampire

This was a mission, an assassination and I was going to be apart of it. Of course, I was terrified, the fear of getting caught but at the same time this awakened a forgotten part of me, I wanted to do this.

"Adam, Chris, where you at?" The radio crackled as Chris's voice alerted me.

"I'm in the kitchen," I answered getting ready to jump down from an air duct.

"Me too, I don't see you," Adam answered and I saw him as he passed under me, I tried to stop myself from falling on him but the duct opened from my weight and sudden shift.

I tried to say something but before I could I was already on him, we tumbled to the ground and he scrambled to get up. When we got up we jumped at each other's masks.

"A unicorn?" I stated as I saw his mask.

"Yeah, but it does this." Adam pushed a button on the side and the unicorn mouth opened, displaying a sample of the Lion King opening song.

"Why the fuck are you all making so much noise, we are going to get caught," Chris walked into our room and I could see the disappointment in his eyes as he saw us.

"What the fuck, where did you even get those." Chris's mask was a regular ski mask but I could still see his face cringe up.

"I found mine at the side of the road," I answered.

"I bought mine at the Dollar store we left our car at."

"Y'all stupid, now let's go before they find us."

We went throughout the mansion, we were lucky this place was so big, otherwise, our loud ass selves would have gone caught a long time ago.

"Who we killing again?" Adam asked.

"It's better if you don't know his name, let's just say he is where I get my stuff from," Chris told us and we didn't question it.

As we walked through the hallways I realized that Adam, who was behind me, was pretending to be a spy, placing his back against the wall and then following us, hiding behind every decorative object.

We peered through a wide door, on the other side, there were two guards, sipping a couple of beers and watching a soccer game. We can tell they were guards, by the way, they were dressed, however, their backs were facing us so we decided to sneak past them.

There was sudden banging noise as we were halfway across the living room, right behind them. Adam had dropped a metal bucket containing a plant that made noise as it rolled across the room.

As the guards got up they upholstered their guns and turned around, but it was three against two. We raised our guns and they looked uneasy, however, they did something unexpected. They shot us.

Adam let out a yelp as he fell to the ground, he was hit. Without thinking I lunged at them, they clearly didn't expect this because before they reacted I had one of them in a headlock, gun to his head.

"Put the gun down!" I yelled and the guy in my arms dropped his gun, his partner backed up, gun still pointed Chris.

"Give up!" Chris yelled at him as Adam let out a sob from the corner.

"Not a chance!" The man spoke, his voice was deep with an accent, I recognized it.

"BILL?" I yelled and he took a second to analyze my face.

"No way! JOHN?" Bill answered excitedly, Chris lowered his gun as Bill dropped his.

"John? JOHN FROM ELEMENTARY?" The guy in my arms asked, I let go of him and recognized him too, it was Tim.

"AYYYY!" I yelled at my old school mates.

"I'mma kill you fuckers!" Adam yelled as he picked up Bill's gun, he was bleeding from his shoulder.

"Don't! They're my friends!"

"John, they fucking shot me!"

"Too bad."

Everyone ignored Adam.

I introduced them to Bill and Tim, they were my best friends in 1st to 3rd grade, before I had to be relocated to another school. They were really cool about letting us kill their boss, apparently, he was a real dickhead who underpaid them. Heck, they even offered to help us.

From the living room we went through each room one at a time, with Bill and Tim the mission was infinitely easier, they lead the other guards to us and Chris and Adam quietly killed them. The whole operation took a while but at least we didn't alert anyone and start a shoot out.

Now it was the boss's turn, he was the only one left. Chris opened the bedroom door slowly to a sleeping man in his bed, snores escaped his mouth as we entered the room.

"You know I never thought I would kill someone again," I sighed as we surrounded the bed of the man Chris had to kill. At this statement, Chris looked at me sideways.

"Well, shoot the guy already," Adam urged, wanting to get his arm treated as quickly as possible.

"I'll do it," Chris offered but I pulled my gun out quickly and shot the man without hesitation. I wanted to be the one who killed him, to show everyone I wasn't scared of what happened here today. Everyone went silent as I walked out of the room, I was shaking slightly but it wasn't out of shock rather out of excitement, the feeling of nostoliga.

"Hey John," Bill hurried to my side, Tim behind him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

Bill and Tim stopped in front of me, they were a lot taller than me, they used to be shorter than me in elementary.

"If you ever want us back for anything, call us okay? We still owe you for 3rd grade," Bill told me and Tim nodded.

"You helped me kill that guy, I say your debt is payed," I told them, but in reality I wanted this to be our last interaction, with seeing them and killing their boss, there was longing in my soul.

"Forget about debts John, just call us," Tim told me and Bill nodded, it seemed like they missed me after all these years.

As they left they gave me their numbers, Adam and Chris just watched from a couple feet behind, confused by the transaction.

"Where to?"  I asked Chris.

"Home," he said simply as we walked back to the dollar store.

I turned my phone back on, and read the notifications "78 missed calls"... Dan.

~~~~~~~