Happily Ever After

The End

"I think you want to see this," Fae told me as she left a newspaper next to my bedside.

It's been a month since the accident and I have been laying in bed ever since. Fae has been dropping by everyday to give me food and check up on me.

"I'll be back tomorrow," Fae told me as I didn't answer her.

I gave a small nod and continued looking at the ceiling. No food has entered my body in days yet I still felt nothing.

"John," I recognize the voice as Bandon's.

"I solved your death, what else do you want?" I asked, I haven't seen him since that dreadful day.

"I want you to get up," Bandon pleaded.

"No."

"Can you at least read the paper Fae gave you, it's important," Bandon offered and I got the paper.

My heart stopped and I sat up quickly as I read the title.

Church Member and local Highschool student dies from drug overdose.

The picture confirmed my worst fear, it was Adam. It was written that he overdose on Ecstacy and Cocaine.

We were silent for a while, I thought about how I didn't talk to Adam this whole month. I secretly blamed him for what happened but I didn't want this. He was my friend.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked Bandon.

Another silence.

"I just want you to promise me you won't kill yourself," Bandon told me.

"But I miss him," I cried as I held onto the necklace Dan gave me for my birthday.

"Dan would want you to go on," Bandon told me and I scoffed.

"I can't live a normal life anymore," I yelled as I remembered the hope Dan brought me.

"Then don't live a normal life, cope the way you want but don't die, and don't lay here the rest of your life!" Bandon yelled gesturing to the bed.

"Okay," I said simply, my brother was right, Dan wouldn't want me to just lay here.

I laid back down and continued what I was doing before.

"John!" Bandon started up again.

"Just give me a couple days to grieve and I will never spend another day in bed for as long as I live," I told Bandon.

"Really?" Bandon questioned my word.

"I promise," I muttered as I touched my necklace

Bandon was satisfied by my answer and started to glow a bright white color.

"Oh look! I'm disappearing! Guess I found peace or something," Bandon said as he started to disappear in white light.

"Bye Brother," I smiled.

"Bye Bitch!" Bandon's voiced echoed as the light disappeared from my room. I couldn't help but feel frustrated, he ruined the moment. However I thought about it for a minute then smiled, it was so him.

As I put the news paper back on the nightstand an envelope fell out of one of the pages. It was directed to Fae.

I decided to open it, if it was bills I would call her to retrieve them. If it was junk I will say nothing and throw it away.

I opened the envelope and inside was a note saying her pay leave was over and she must return to the company.

What is PHENIX?

~~~~

If you like my work don't be afraid to leave a comment and vote! Thank you so much!