Ego Brain

Man Made Shame

As Adam sat us all up for our water he handed us the bottles. We were all sat in a circle.

"Drink up my kids," Adam teased as he sat down. We all did as he said and took gulps of water down.

"Dan can I touch your hair?" Rebecca asked and Dan nodded, his head falling in her hands. She messed with it and put it her lap.

"Okay what now?" Chris asked he was staring at Rebecca but didn't seem mad. I don't know if it was because of the ecstasy or... okay it's because of the ecstasy.

"What about truth or dare?" Adam suggested and everyone was suddenly full of energy.

"Fun!" Rebecca responded, putting Dan back up.

"I'll go first!" Adam declared, "John, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" I answered, I was never one to pick dare but I felt adventurous.

"I dare you to take off all your clothes," Adam dared and I wasn't expecting that.

"You don't have to." Dan said immediately but I never refused a dare.

"It's okay," I reassured him, I didn't mind being naked, it's just sexual advancement I'm uncomfortable with.

I took off all my clothing quickly while everyone watched. They however looked away as I pulled down my boxers.

"Why do you look so surprised Dan? Nothing you haven't seen before right?" Adam teased but little did he know this was my first time fully naked in front of him.

"Anyways, my turn! Truth or Dare Rebecca?" I asked and she looked straight into my eyes.

"Dare!" She answered immediately.

"I dare you to draw a dick on your face!" I told her and everyone laughed, Adam handed her a sharpie the girls used.

"We can be twins!" Adam said excitedly as he pointed to one draw on his cheek.

Rebecca drew the best she could on her forehead, it was a bad drawing but everyone could tell what it was.

When she finished Chris let out a laugh, Rebecca glared at him but then smiled.

"My turn," Rebecca said and we all turned to Chris, he was gunna regret that laugh, "Chris, truth or Dare."

"Truth,"Chris said quickly and no one could blame him.

"Why did you leave me," Rebecca asked and it seemed like time froze. Chris instantly wanted to pick the dare now, but it was too late.

Everyone went quietly as Chris looked for an answer, "I was scared."

"And you think I wasn't?" Rebecca yelled out, she wanted to let out her anger.

It was silent, Chris looked down but his eyes were now open and alert, he was on Ecstasy but it was different this time. He suddenly drew in a deep breath as if he wasn't breathing for a while. The hairs on his arm stood up and he held his stomach before looking up at her again.

"It was happening again, and I was scared! I didn't want to go through it again! the crying that turns into screaming, the endless hunt for food, the fear of them getting taken away. The running and hiding," Chris was shaking as he grabbed his head, his nails digging into his skull as he tried desperately to stop thinking.

"What do you mean?" Rebecca asked, scared of Chris, he was starting to bleed.

"The twins, I had to raise them on my own. Fucking Zach ran away seeing mom after the accident," Chris's nails started to dig downwards to his face.