Stay Away

I'm a horrible person

I woke up in Dan's arms on my brother's bed. There was a darkness in my soul I couldn't quite identify what feeling it was. But I did know what it signified, I wasn't going to do much today.

The room was still dark and cold but Dan's warmth heated me, if I wasn't feeling the way I was, I would've smiled and enjoyed the quiet moment together, but I didn't.

Without warning my brother entered the room through a wall. Bandon smiled as he walked to us.

"In my bed, really?" Bandon sighed, playfully questioning me.

I didn't answer, instead, I watched him as he figured out my mood. Once he recognized the look in my eyes he sighed and paced the floor, trying to figure out what to do.

"Bad morning huh," Bandon sighed as he stopped pacing, "Get up, please? I can't drag you out of bed anymore you know."

I didn't say a word, instead, I thought about staying in bed for today. My brother seemed to have read my mind because he suddenly sat down next to me.

"I know today seems tough, but it hasn't faced you yet Johnny Boy," My brother reassured me, he always tried to help me when he was alive, getting me up and going. By force of course, but he always did it out of love.

Surprising even myself self I let out a sob as tears poured down my eyes. I instantly tried to stop but it just resulted in me shaking furiously. Bandon got up and tried to comfort me but was lost for words.

"John-" my brother was cut off.

"John? Are you okay?" Dan asked, taking his arms off from around me and looking for my eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine," I lied, but my voice cracked as I broke down. It felt as if every good energy I had was being sucked through a void in my chest, leaving me dark and cold. I couldn't understand why it was this bad. Normally I would feel nothing but this time I didn't have that luxury, I was sad for an unknown reason.

"Hey, everything is going to be fine," Dan told me, and I wanted to believe him so I did. I hugged him, burying my face in his chest so I wouldn't see anything. I didn't want to think about anything, for right now, all that existed was Dan, Me, and this bed. Nothing else. I tried to pretend the feeling in my soul wasn't there but of course, I couldn't hide that.

I closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep in Dan's arms again, I knew we just woke up, but my only hope was to sleep and wake up again. The dark feeling never seemed to follow me in my sleep, and maybe I will wake up without it.

Dan held me softly, playing with my hair which gently lured me to unconsiousness.

~~~~

I awoke once again, this time the sun was shining in my face and the dark feeling was gone. I breathed in deeply, relieved that it was gone for now.

"Awake?" Dan asked and I nodded.

"I know this is a bad time but, Becca just texted me to go over, something about her mom being home and her needing support," Dan told me.

"Can I come?" I questioned, I decided the faster I do something, the less likely my depression can catch up to me.

~~~~

"Thank God," Rebbeca sighed and pulled us into her trailer.

"What happened?" Dan asked as he saw that the living room, it was as if the whole room was turned upside down.

"YOUR FATE IS SEALED, ACCEPT IT," Emily, Rebbeca's mom yelled.

"NEVER! I DECIDE TO CHANGE FATE! MR. SNUFFLES WILL END YOUR SEIZE OF POWER," Reilly yelled as she rolled over behind a sofa for cover. Mr. Snuffles was holding the nerf gun, with Reilly's help of course.

"YOU READY TO FUCKING DIE?" Suddenly Emily jumped from the kitchen to the living room, pots, and pans like armor. She also had a nerf gun.

"I'm a bad bitch, you cant kill me!" Reilly yelled.

"Mom for fuck sake," Rebbecca held her head in frustration.

"Call me Grandma dear, I like it," Emily told her as Reilly jumped on the sofa and shot grandma in the neck. Emily fell the ground acting wounded, she held her neck.

"You have won this time, changed fate and decided your future, may the world be at your mercy," Grandma whispered to Reilly as the little girl stood over her.

"Mr. Snuffles and I know no mercy, only victory," Reilly told her as she and Mr. Snuffles walked away dramatically.

"I see why you called us over," I chuckled at the chaos Grandma had caused.

"John! Dan!" Reilly greeted us both excitedly but jumped in my arms.

"Hello, John! My my Dan! You've really grown, it looks like your hair had gotten redder since the last time I saw you," Emily got up and hugged Dan.

As Dan and Emily caught up, Rebecca used me to get Reilly into bed. She signaled me to her room and I followed, Reilly oblivious to my betrayal.

"Time for bed," Rebecca told the girl as I put her in her bed.

"Mr. Snuffles says I can stay up as long as I want and you need to die!" Reily told her and I was surprised by her words.

"What the heck Mr. Snuffles," Rebbeca gave the bear a disappointed look at shook her head.

"Mom, I can't go to sleep," Reilly pouted.

"Count sheep," Rebecca suggested.

"What color are they?" Reilly asked.

"Whatever you want," Rebecca was obviously tired.

"Where are they going?" That question from Reilly was Rebecca's breaking point.

"Fuck it, be tired, I don't give a shit," Rebecca got up and left, leaving me with Reilly.

"Your mom is just tired is all," I told Reilly and she nodded. She closed her eyes and I stayed until she fell asleep.

"Liked the show?" It was Bandon's voice, he phased through a wall and in front of me.

"You caused grandma to go nuts?" I asked Bandon and he laughed.

"You are here aren't you? I knew you wouldn't abandon a friend even when you are down," Bandon told me, and I realised he was doing his best to keep me away from falling. He can't pull me out of bed and throw me in the bathtub anymore, so he upped his tactics. Using a type of domino effect instead, making me to choose the comfort of bed or a necessary action.

Could Bandon really be my guardian angel, could he just be tied to earth just to help me through my depression? Ghost Bandon did come during the worse of my depression after his death, he could've showed up any other time but didn't. Then he made me befriend his old friends, effectively keeping me out of bed and into an social lifestyle.

"Bandon are you tied to earth because of me?" I asked and he paused for a moment before laughing.

"Lol no, I'm just a typical ghost that wants to know what killed him, you're overthinking dude," Bandon told me and I wish I could punch him, for a second I was starting to admire him.

~~~~~