Turning Out

By: AJR

(Yeah I know... I'm seriously obsessed with AJR, and they have got some quirky songs soooooo, deal lol.)

Michelangelo was twelve years old. He watched as Scar killed Mufasa. He sniffled and curled up behind a big pillow he was snuggling. Mikey whimpered loudly as Simba cuddled into his dead father. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

Raph saw this. He felt bad for his younger brother. Yeah, they were technically the same age, but... Mikey didn't mature as fast as everyone else. And The Lion King bit into Mike like a dog. It really hurt him whenever he watched it.

As Mikey rubbed his eyes, Raphael sat next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. He pulled him close. "It's okay, little brother. I'm here for you..."

Mikey curled up into Raph and sighed heavily. "Th-thank you..."

An older Michelangelo and Raphael smiled at the picture they held of them cuddling.

Then music began and the younger Mikey was standing in darkness, a light was on him. He stared determinedly at nothingness.

"I hold you, I hold you closer than I ever knew, I could do..." He began. "But I'm confused, I thought I'd recognize when love was true, but I'm confused..."

Older Mikey felt his words. He side glanced at Raph... Maybe he was confused?

"Am I ready for love?" Older Mikey sang. "Or maybe just a best friend, should there be a difference, do you have instructions?"

The two Mikey's started to sing together. "Maybe I'm stuck on what I see on TV, I grew up on Disney, but this don't feel like Disney..."

Now it was back to present Mikey. He was looking at Raph confusedly. Raph was snickering with their brothers. "You say I turned out fine, I think I'm still turning out, you say I turned out fine, I think I'm still turning out, I think I'm still turning out..."

Young Mikey was back on a solo. "In my mind, I thought the birds would sing and sparks would fly, but it's just quiet, am I cruel? Or am I ignorant or was I fooled, by the stories I knew..."

The Mikey's sang once again together. "Am I ready for love? Or maybe just a best friend, should there be a difference, do you have instructions? Maybe I'm stuck on what I see on TV, I grew up Disney, but this don't feel like Disney..."

Mikey was alone again in the song. Raph was occupied with friends and working out. "You say I turned out fine, I think I'm still turning out, you say I turned out fine, I think I'm still turning out, I hope you stick around, we're gonna figure it out, who can I turn to now? When I'm still turning out, when I'm still turning out..."

Older Mikey was with his Raph as they laughed and hung out. It showed them reading comics and talking.

Younger Mikey watched as his Raph punched the punching bag and yelled at his brothers. Then he sang one last time.

"I'm a little kid, and so are you, don't you go and grow up before I do, I'm a little kid with so much doubt, do you want to be there when I turn out? I'm a little kid, and so are you, don't you go and grow up before I do, I'm a little kid with so much doubt, do you want to be there when I turn out? I'm a little kid, and so are you, don't you go and grow up before I do, I'm a little kid with so much doubt, do you want to be there when I turn out? I'm a little kid, and so are you, don't you go and grow up before I do, I'm a little kid with so much doubt, do you want to be there when I turn out?" He sighed. " 'Cause I'm still turning out."

It cuts back to a flash of the youger kids smiling and laughing. But you can tell that Raph and Mikey are holding hands...

Present Mikey and Raph smile at it. Raph turned to Mikey. "Yeah... I'll wait to watch you turn out, buddy. 'Cause I'm ways here for you kid..."

Mikey beamed, tears brimming his eyes. "Same goes for you, hothead."

They laughed and the memory fades out.