La Vida

*3 months later*
Ignazio's POV:

I had lost contact with Perla 2 months ago and the guilt of leaving Luna alone was killing me. Michele had decided to let Gian and I go solo yet we both agreed to never disband. Gianluca and I basically tortured Michele for a couple of months before we actually decided that both of us were going to continue and be Il Volo, just without Piero.

We didn't want to upset our fans either, they showed us tons of support when the press released the news of Piero's passing and how they were saying to let Gian and I alone for some time so we can decide when we should continue singing, even if it meant for us to go solo, or should I say separate.

I had an entire month now calling Luna but got no answer and when I called Perla, she would say she was busy or wasn't with Luna. That made me worry so I decided to head back to Miami and surprise the girls. My family had been supporting me the most through all this decision making, and surprisingly they stuck with me and my tantrums.

Yes, tantrums. When I never got the chance to call the girls or when I just knew they were busy. Basically when I didn't get the chance to speak with them. But the last time I actually had a decent conversation with Perla was a week ago.

She sounded tired, angry, and worried at the same time. That made my imagination do it's thing, thinking of the worst case scenario and driving me crazy. Nina had told me to just surprise them but I had another plan in mind.

*In Miami*
Perla's POV:

Another day passed and I fought with myself to get up and look after Luna. The doctor was right, she did fall in depression and it was hard for me to make her even eat something healthy. I got ready and began to make breakfast, today I will make Luna's favorite pancakes, hoping she would come out from her cave, or that's what I now called her room.

"Luna! Darling! Come and eat up! We don't want you to be late to school!" I stopped and thought I sounded like my mother and just laughed it out. "Come on! Remember you have to go to the police internship today!"

I tried reminding her everything since she would just come home, tell me how her day went during dinner and locked herself in her room. There was no one or nothing that would make her come out from her room... unless it was junk food.

Luna's POV:

I looked at the mirror one last time and saw how my belly was growing. It made me happy knowing that I was soon going to be a mom but my world crumbled up when I remembered Piero not being here with me and seeing how his baby was growing.

I sighed and grabbed my gray coat. Lately the weather was chilly but for me it was freezing. I took my backpack and phone and left my room. "I'm here Jesus!" Perla's eyes widen when she noticed me.

She was eating some bacon and couldn't say anything so she signaled me to sit down and eat. I saw the pancakes and I didn't doubt on grabbing 3. "Smells good." Was all I said.

"I made it with love for you girl. And for the baby of course. Oh! When's the doctor's appointment again?" She asked.

"Tomorrow, right after my last test and right before the internship so my time is limited." I replied. I had gotten an internship at the Miami Police Department since one of my classes required us to have at least 6 months of experience in any police field. It could be as an investigator or detective, to working around the morgue or in the chemical/ testing labs.

I quickly got the internship as a secretary for one of the detectives in the MPD. It was exciting since he was comprehensive towards my state and still let me go with him to crime scenes. I had been learning a lot from him and that's what kept me going on.