Auditions

*2 days later. Rome*
Ignazio's POV:

"An audition it is!" Michele shouted in the room as Gianluca, Barbara and myself had agreed to make an audition to find someone to replace Piero's spot.

It hurt me to just think that we will basically replace him with someone else. I even thought on how the fans would feel like when they get to hear the 'good' news. But hey, both Gianluca and I did need that extra voice to help us with the songs we had already chosen for the new album.

"We need a date for the auditions. How bad do you want us to get recording?" I asked Michele.

"As soon as possible but that's going to have to wait. We shall start doing a commercial and flyers to invite all the singers out there to audition." Barbara said.

"Yes. You think we can do the auditions here in the studio? You know, in the big auditorium downstairs." Gianluca suggested.

"That's a good place." I said, mostly trying to sound enthusiastic about it when I wasn't at all.

"Okay. Now let's see my calendar to check and see if nothing is up for... Let's say 2 weeks from today?" Michele asked.

"Yes. Enough time to get everything fixed for the big event." Gianluca said.

"You know Barbara? You should put that the special guests are going to be Gian and me so we can get more people. What do you think?" I suggested.

"Yes! That's perfect." She wrote everything down. Every idea and every detail was written down. The plan was done and now we should start getting ready for the next 2 big days of auditions.

To not give it away for the ilvolovers that we would be doing a comeback, we decided to sugarcoat it by saying that Michele is looking for the next big thing. Haha, that was my idea as I remembered how Victor liked one song he heard in a movie.

After all the planning was finished, Gianluca and I were sent to our shared home. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom house for a while since Michele said he would need us to help out with the auditions and take turns recording.

We had finally arrived to our new and temporarily home and just let ourselves fall in the first sofa we saw. "I can't believe this is happening again." Gianluca said as we just stared at the ceiling.

"Neither do I. But what I don't get is that Michele really is just replacing Piero. I'm not really sure and okay about this specially of what our fans will think." I said.

"Yeah... About that..." Gianluca said and I saw from the corner of my eye that he sat up straight. "About replacing Piero."

"What about it? For me it's wrong since I know we won't find someone who even has a similar vocal range as he did." I began to rant.

"Ignazio, I know that it's impossible for you to process this but it's something out of our hands at this moment. You know how the company can push Michele to cancel our contracts and the true disbandment of Il Volo will be in everyone's mouth. Do you prefer that?" Gianluca asked and well I didn't answer as he did have a point.

"You know I also had all these thoughts and denials about replacing him in our group but I have to be open-minded about it. Specially because we're talking about our career, our dream of singing for thousands has been in hold for over 5 years soon and I miss that you know. If this is the chance to go back out there then let's take the shot. What could go wrong?" Gian told me.

"You're right Gian. We always have a plan B if this doesn't work out right? We can still be Il Volo... You and I." I said a bit more confident.

Gianluca's POV: