Can't Breathe Easy

*3 years later*
Luna's POV:

"Let's get going, I have a lot of work waiting for me at the station." I told Victor as I tried hurrying him to wash his teeth so I could drop him off with his grandparents. He still didn't go to school since he was just 4 and the schools said he was still too young.

"I'm coming mamma!" He shouted from the hallway's bathroom.

"We don't want Mommy to be late do we?" I said as I packed his medicine in his little backpack. He came running and I put the backpack on him. "Everything is inside. You put all your colors in there last night?"

"Yes. And my notebook and some games to play with Aunti Maria." He said. I rubbed his head and headed out to the car. As we drove I played some music from my Spotify so the car ride was a bit more happy.

To my surprise, an old song I used to sing with Piero began to play. My eyes began to water as the lyrics began to come out from the speakers. His memories began to flow in my mind, including words 'I will sing this song with the guys one day.'

"Mommy? Are you okay? Don't cry, it's okay." I began to blink fast so my tears could let me see. I wiped the tears from my cheek and looked up through the rear mirror to give a smile to Victor.

"Mommy is okay. She just remembered something nice." I said and he smiled too.

"Can you put that song again? I liked it." I wanted to burst out crying but I only nodded and played it again. I was really surprised to hear him say he liked the song specially since it was his first time hear it. I would sing some Il Volo songs to him, when he was still a baby so he could go to sleep.

"You know what?" I asked him, "Let's not go to your nonna's house. Let's go for a drive shall we? Plus it's Friday, you want to go get some gelato?"

"Yes! Gelato! Can I get cookies-n-cream?" He asked.

"Yes you can." I said and began to call Eleonora to tell her I was going to spend the day with Victor. I too called over to the police station saying I wasn't going but will make up the day during the week.

I drove back to the house and changed into a dress and some white shoes to be more comfortable. "Mommy! Someone is at the door!" I heard Victor shout from downstairs. Quickly, I ran downstairs and opened up. "Ignazio? What are you doing here?" I asked as I saw him in my doorstep.

"Maria texted me you weren't taking Victor to their house. I thought something happened so I came to check on you two." He said and I chuckled as he came inside.

"I can't spend a nice day like today with my son? And hello to you too." I closed the door and walked into the living room where Ignazio carried Victor.

"Hi. How is my little man doing today?" He asked Victor.

"Good. Mommy and I are going to get some gelato and guess what? She let me have my favorite flavor." Victor said.

"Really? Can I tag along?" Ignazio asked as he let Victor down.

"Sure. But before we head to the mall and ice cream shop I want to take Victor to Piero's grave." I said.

"Wait... Today?"

"No Ignazio tomorrow. Of course today, I actually remembered that he hasn't been there at all. The day of his 1st birthday I got so caught up with his party and just totally forgot to take him there." I said. "And well these few years too."