Chapter 26: Isolation

TRIGGER WARNING
_________________________________

Where could he be?

Hoseok called him. The only sound he could hear was the ringing. It kept on, till it finally settled into silence. Taehyung didn't pick up.

Hoseok called him again, and multiple times after that as he ran all the way to the university dormitories. I am an idiot. He skipped the stairs to reach upstairs and ran to Taehyung's dorm room. I know I am an idiot, please be here. He knocked on the door but he was surprised, and hopeful to learn it was unlocked.

"Taehyung?" He said as he walked inside. It was empty. He checked the bathroom, it was empty. He wasn't there.

Suddenly something clicked in his mind, he ran out, strided downstairs and outside the campus. He ran again, feeling his energy slip away, his muscles tensing up, his breath leaving him. He cursed and mentally reminded himself about his self-proclaimed idiocy.

It took him a while but he successfully neared the place he thought Taehyung would be at, he felt suffocated, panting heavily as he slowed his steps and rested his hands on his knees. He looked down the slant.  His eyes searching. This was the place Taehyung once said he visits when he's upset. He desperately looked around, and, his heart skipped a beat to notice someone was really standng there. Just on the edge of the river. This must be Taehyung. He hurried down and ran with all of his remaining strength. As he neared him, he realized it was the guy he was looking for. "Taehyung!" He called out to the crying guy,  and then quickly pulled him away from the edge, both of them falling back on the ground.

"What are you doing?!" Hoseok yelled, but he could only hear Taehyung's crying. Taehyung hastily beat his hand against Hoseok and tried to distance himself, "Let me go! Let me fucking go." Hoseok rejected his plea and only held him more tighter, tolerating the pain that Taehyung's force brought. "I can't. Taehyung, I can't."

"I don't want to see you. Leave me the fuck alone. Let me go, Hoseok. I hate you."

"But I love you. I always have. I can't let you go this time. I can't lose you." Tears rolled down Hoseok's eyes. "Please... don't leave me."

"Why does it matter?! I should have just died. I was never meant to exist." Taehyung screamed, "I should have died before my mother. I was not meant to live this long. Why am I alive?! Let me just--" Taehyung tried to pull away. Hoseok couldn't say anything, he was speechless, but more than that, Taehyung's words were hurting him.

"Tae,"

"I need you to let me go," Taehyung stared back at Hoseok, "I can't... I don't deserve anything I have right now. I don't deserve to live. I was never meant to have this life. I was never meant to meet you again and be happy. I was never meant to be in love with you."

"But I can't.. I can't let you go anymore.. I can't even bear the thought of not being able to see you again. Please, please don't say you don't deserve to live. I'm sorry I lied, okay?! I know I hurt you. I know it's devastating. I know it really hurts a lot. But, I want to hold you tighter and tell you that you're right here with me now and it will be all better. I'm sorry you had to go through it all, and I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. You were right, I am selfish, very selfish, because I was afraid of losing you again. I was scared I wouldn't be able to feel that warmness anymore which fills my heart whenever I see you smile. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Hoseok cried as he held Taehyung in his arms.

"You know nothing, Hoseok.. Why... why are you always bothering me..." Taehyung sobbed in his weak voice, "Why did you come after me when I told you I don't want to see your face.."