Chapter 4: Memories

PAST

"Taehyung, you did really amazing in the literature test once again. Beautiful." The teacher clapped as she announced to the class with an unfaltering smile on her face.

Only the little boy knew what he was feeling. His hands and feet became cold and sweaty, chills running down his spine, he felt himself shaking.

The teacher's phone started ringing, "Hello? Oh yes- yes please wait" she covered the speaker with her hand, "It's important, I'll be back in a while" She said and went out of the class holding the phone to her ear and speaking. In a few more seconds, the bell rang and everyone hurried outside the class, in a split-second it seemed. Only a few were in the class.

Taehyung's limbs and legs felt weak, he slowly got up from his seat and slided the bag over his shoulder. He quietly tried walking away, but the boys barricated his way out, "where do you think you're going?" The boy said and cracked his knuckles.

"I- I" He stuttered, almost on the verge of tears when he looked at the guys. He knew he was going to get beaten once again.

Suddenly Taehyung was paused by a firm squeeze on his shoulder. He looked beside to notice Hoseok. The boy slightly smiled at him before he glowered at the bullies. 

"Anywhere he wants. That doesn't concern you."

"What?" The bully scowled.

"Now, if you're thinking about using that dirty fist of yours, do it. But-"

His words were interrupted by a strong fist forcefully bruising his cheek. He fell down on the floor, he slightly shook his head and got up, smiling towards the boy who punched him. The bully's expression turned more hostile and anxious. Another smash came towards his face, but Hoseok stopped it in it's way.

"If you want to fight, let's do it outside."

"Why? So you can run away like the little girl you are?"

Hoseok smirked, "Now now, I see you backing off already."

"What?! No way! Let's go out. Let's see who's the man here." The bullies started walking out.

"Hoseok, don't do it.." Taehyung pulled his elbow and whispered.

Hoseok looked at Taehyung's hand, the purple bruises from a few days back still visible, he gritted his teeth and swayed his arm away from his grip, "Let's go." He sternly said and walked out. Taehyung bit his lip and followed him nervously.

They stopped at an isolated ground, with no view of any students or teachers around.

The bully charged towards him but this time, Hoseok dodged him and punched right on his face, making him fall back on the harsh ground, groaning in pain as he held his nose. The other two boys that witnessed the scene were startled, having been overpowered.

"Anyone else?" Hoseok asked, smirking.

Their legs trembled in fear and they eyed each other before they ran away. The defeated boy struggled to move but fearfully crawled his way out of the scene as fast as he could.

Hoseok looked back at Taehyung, who was completely stunned, wide-eyed and it seemed as if they were sparkling; his jaw dropped and he kept blinking. Hoseok got a little embarrased by his expression, he furrowed his eyebrows in amusement and query, "What?"

"You're like my prince in shining armour!" Taehyung grinned.

"What?!" Hoseok blushed, stupified by Taehyung's bluntness, "Idiot.." He averted his eyes away from Tae's glistening face.