Chapter 41: Taebi/Together

"Congratulations to Taebi!" Jimin raised his glass, barely holding onto his own grin that kept shining out.

"Taeb- what?!" Yoongi squinted his eyes, amused at the weird word play.

"Tae and Hobi~ makes them Taebi!" Jimin cried out, making everyone laugh.

Yoongi nudged him before pulling him closer, placing a soft peck on his cheek. "Pabo."

Jimin blushed and touched his own cheeks, shy to be kissed in front of all their friends. "Don't call me pabo.." He mumbled, "You're the fool here.." Not meeting anyone's eye.

More chuckles erupted at the table. Taehyung's face was glowing, seemingly from the happiness that the night brought him.

"I talked to Yoongi-hyung about wanting to propose you, but to be honest," Hoseok chuckled and almost yelled, "Whatever he said in response really scared me!"

Yoongi grinned awkwardly. Taehyung smirked at that.

"Thank you." Taehyung said softly and gestured at Yoongi and Jimin. He then revealed something with a giggling demeanour.

"Actually I told them about proposing you before I left this afternoon.. I requested them to keep it a secret," Taehyung stuck his tongue out before laughing. Hoseok was gaping at that.

"So that means.. when I got back homeㅡ they already knew?!"

"Yes,"

"I really panicked when Hoseok told me about itㅡ all I could think about was what if he lost control and rushed up there right before the performance. I had to stop him!"

"Do you take me for an idiot?!" Hoseok scoffed, "Of course I wouldn't have done thatㅡ I guess."

"See, you guess!" Jimin pointed at him excitedly.

Everyone laughed again.

"I didn't know what to do! I was desperately wishing for Jimin to be back-"

"Makes sense, you did look flustered." Hoseok said

"Yes. On second thought, if it were Jimin in my place, I guess he'd have totally blown it." Yoongi stated.

Jimin's protest found room, "Hey!"

"I kinda do agree." Taehyung nodded with a smile.

"Come on! Not you too!" Jimin scoffed, "I can totally keep a cover."

"Sure.." Hoseok said, chuckling as he remembered all the times Jimin spilled tea by accident.

Jimin pouted, growing flustered as everyone teased him.

Taehyung laughed but he did ensure to genuinely mean the words he said, "Butㅡ he really is caring and holds good intention, even though he's absolutely clumsy."

Jimin grinned hugely at that, "You make me sound a little bad but haha thank you." He was just happy to be acknowledged that way.

He jumped a little when he remembered something, "Oh we still have to cheer, guys. Let's go~" He raised his glass.

"Okay, but I'm not going with Taebi." Yoongi said with a smug look.

"Why" Jimin whined, "It's such a good name.."

"nO" Seokjin said. Namjoon shook his head with a grin as if dealing with a child. Taehyung laughed and Hoseok chuckled as they raised their glasses too.

"To Hoseok and Taehyungㅡ" Yoongi said, and Namjoon and Seokjin subsequently did too.

They all clunk their glasses and just at that moment Jimin cheered out, "To Taebi!"