Chapter 29: Conscience

"Hello, Jimin-ah"

"Mrs.. Mrs. Kim" Jimin smiled hesitantly, slightly nervous as he remembered this woman is not Taehyung's actual mother, "Please take a seat."

"I reckon you already know about me." Eunbi took a seat, her eyes glancing over at the nodding boy.

"Yes I do.."

Hoseok was getting her a glass of water, all the while silently observing their awkward exchanges. It was obvious, considering everything was turning transparent now.

There was a brief silence, even after Hoseok put the glass of water infront of her, the only noise that erupted was the thud of glass against the table.

Jimin nervously bit his bottom lip before he cleared his throat, "So.. where are you staying?"

"Oh, I'm staying at a hotel. It's not far away from the hospital." She said, to which she received a nod. Jimin calmly took a seat opposite her, his form being tense.

Eunbi extended her palm and rested in on top of Jimin's hand, slightly squeezing his hand as she spoke, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for deceiving you all. I meant no harm, he is like my own kid.. I have been a mother to him all these and I assure you, I did it because I thought that'd be the best for Taehyung."

Jimin pressed his lips, his insides felt fuzzy, he was overwhelmed to remember Taehyung and relate Eunbi's words with Taehyung's situation. A tear escaped his eyes and he allowed his hand to quickly travel to his cheeks and smudge the tear off, "It's okay.." He said softly, accepting her apology. He remembered all the times Eunbi has been loving and caring towards Taehyung, no one in this world would be able to distinguish her from a mother taking care of her own child. Maybe, that's the reason she had never rose suspicion.

Maybe, that's the reason it's all unbelievable and disheartening, and perhaps, the greatest shock to Taehyung.

||

It had been a week since Taehyung was in ICU. Hoseok silently sat beside him, looking at his pale face and dull closed eyes. He softly touched Taehyung's hand, before he used both of his hands to hold Taehyung's in between his.

He firmly held his hand and leaned in, placing his lips near Taehyung's knuckles, kissing the spot before a pained tear rolled down his cheek, "I miss you.." He whispered, his breathe hitting his skin.

"Please come back to me.." Hoseok said, looking up at him, suddenly talking in hopes that Taehyung would hear him.

"It's not good at all without you here.. it feels empty.. Jungkook keeps crying, Jimik tries to comfort him.. Yoongi feels bad because he thinks it's all his fault.. Seokjin and Namjoon hyung doesn't show it much to us, but Yoongi had overheard them being emotional.. Everyone loves you, Taehyung.. I- I--"

"You okay?" Someone suddenly spoke out as the door behind them shut, kind of starling Hoseok as he had no idea someone entered. Hoseok turned to notice Jimin with his eyes raised in concern.

Hoseok put on a forced smile and nodded tiredly. Jimin nodded as well, walking over to the other side of the bed and taking a seat, "You've been talking to him?"

Hoseok was a little flustered and embarrassed at that, "Uh.. yea.. um maybe no.."

Jimin laughed slighty at that, "You were.." His smile faded as his eyes fell upon Taehyung, "He's a fighter. He won't give up..". Hoseok didn't say anything.

"You know.. oftentimes, people in a comatose state can hear their surroundings.." His eyes trailed back to Hoseok, "So," He smiled, "Talk to him.."