Chapter 45: The Night {End}

Seokjin and Namjoon were on their ride to the venue. Both silently sitting on either side, the vast distance amongst them along with the clear prevailing tension all this time.

But something today, made Namjoon's heart wrench. As he stared out the window, his mind lingered over all the memories with Seokjin.

They had not properly talked since the day Jin ordered him to leave. The already lumped down conversation was now even more rare.

"In a few hours, you'd be free from me." Seokjin said thoughtfully, staring out the window. His own heart was in shatters. He tried for his voice to not break. He had to be strong, afterall, he was doing it for him.

Namjoon did not reply. He couldn't. Given how beat up he was over his emotions that raged within. The sheer confusion, and the inability to anticipate his forthcoming freedom, it all frustrated him to no bounds.

Maybe for the first time he felt true emotions, the cause of which was wholly Seokjin's intentional motive and actions.

Emotions that made him feel extremely furious at him.

||

Yoongi and Jimin had just reached the venue, arriving late due to their unforeseen and sudden makeout session followed by greater intimacy.

They walked together, meeting a few familiar faces on their way until Eunbi suddenly appeared infront of them.

"Ah! Where have you guys been?!"

"Sorry, we got caught up in something." Yoongi smiled.

Eunbi smirked, "Huh." She grinned to herself, "I see.."

"Wh-what d-do you s-see?!" Jimin fretted nervously, anxiously on edge as he felt their deed was sensed. He was already overthinking about being a best man to Taehyung today, but when he woke up late, and then got swayed by Yoongi's affectionㅡ and even though they've freshened up, tamed themselves and there's no way to tell what they didㅡ he was suddenly overwhelmed with fear and afraid of getting frowned upon if someone found out.

"Huh?" Eunbi snapped back to reality, "Nothing, I just remembered something. I gotta go, see ya later!" She smiled and was about to walk off when she remembered something and turned, "You both look gorgeous, look out, people might think you both are the grooms." She smirked and winked before leaving.

Jimin giggled weirdly, feeling giddy. Yoongi saw him and chuckled.

"You're really anxious, aren't you? Every one of your reactions today are extreme and strange."

"Just a little.." He murmured.

Yoongi led their way to reach the bar that had been set up. They ordered drinks. And as they held their glasses of red wine and sipped, the sour bittersweet taste of it filled their mouth, gradually leaving an aftertaste that was awkwardly pleasant.

And just like this drink, Yoongi had been fiddling with his fingers away from Jimin's sight. Undeniably, he was a little anxious too. Just a little. But the anxiety wasn't brimming from his anticipation of the wedding that was to take place.

"How do you feel?" Yoongi asked, his eyes anxiously fixating on Jimin's visage.

Jimin who was almost thoughtfully lost in his train, snapped back to reality and looked back at him, "Oh.. I'm.. I feel happy for Taehyung.." He smiled, his eyes in a daze, "He's marrying the one he has loved his whole life.. It is all so.. charming." He said dreamily, his eyes filled with fascination.