Chapter 39: Easy

"I want for us to end our relationship. We should break up."

|

Taehyung's chest tightened, his breath stuck in his own chest as he uttered the words. He forgot how to breathe. The only ringing he felt was his heartbeat jamming in his ear.

Hoseok didn't tear his eyes away, his smile had already faded and he just stared at him with an unreadable look. It made Taehyung more anxious, he couldn't understand what was going to be his upcoming reaction.

Hoseok just smiled, "Okay."

Taehyung's heart fell at that.

"Let's get dinner before that, though. Let's go." Hoseok kept smiling before he turned around and started to walk, not noticing whether Taehyung was coming or not.

Taehyung followed him through the streets, walking behind him wordlessly.

||

Hoseok brought him to an elegant restaurant. The kinds where they would go to on special occasions and anniversaries or when they felt like celebrating something or themselves.

They sat opposite each other. Taehyung had hid himself behind the menu book, his fingers shakily brushing under the names of the dishes while his mind kept panicking. He felt angry, disappointed and tremendously sad.

How could he...

"What are you going to takeㅡ"

Taehyung slammed the book down on the table, disrupting the silence that was present in the hall. He didn't care if some people had given him surprised looks, because his only focus was the person infront of him.

"How could you say in a heartbeat that you're fine with breaking up? Is it that easy for you?" Taehyung curled his lip up, scowling at him while angry tears formed in his eyes.

He blinked and sighed, calming himself down, "I- I really hate you for this." He mumbled softly.

Hoseok gave him a suppressed smile, "Was it just that easy for you to say you want to end our relationship?"

"No!" Taehyung brought his palms to his eyes, resting his elbows on the table. The annoying ramming of his heart just wouldn't stop. It hurt.

"I never said I was fine with breaking up." Hoseok whispered, "I just said okay.."

"WHY?" Taehyung frowned.

"My dad must have hurt you enough with his words. I understand if you wish to break up for that reason.. It's only normal." Hoseok smiled, "I can't reason with why he did what he did. But I can't possibly burden you with the weight my father is putting on me."

"It's not a burden.." Taehyung said. He didn't know what else to say.

Hoseok took his hand, "I feel you've been blaming yourself for what happened. If that's true.. why?"

"Why do you try to dodge every time I want to bring the conflict up? I just wanted to talk." 

"Because I do not want to burdenㅡ"