Chapter 27: Critical

Hoseok was sitting on a steel bench and silently stared at the floor beneath his feet, his head dropped down in despair, his eyes mindlessly gazing at the tiles, his hands grapsed together against his forehead.

Taehyung was taken into the ICU, Hoseok ofcourse wasn't allowed to enter, hence he was left outside, all alone, with his crumbling heart. There was that flickering sense of hope that Taehyung will survive, he has to survive. How can he leave so soon?

"Hoseok!" Jimin called out, Hoseok looked up to notice Jimin hurrying to him, his lips trembling before he broke down and hugged Hoseok, "Wh-where is h-he? Is h-he okay?".

"I don't know.." Hoseok whispered in a weak voice, resting his hands on Jimin's back, "I- I- don't know.." His eyes glazed with tears. He bit his lip while Jimin silently sobbed in his embrace. Yoongi arrived too, with Seokjin and Namjoon following him.

"Is he okay?!" Seokjin quickly enquired, he seemed hyper and very concerned. Namjoon only had an upset look on his face, he seemed as if he was trying his best to prevent tears. Yoongi looked shameful, guilt was smeared all over his face with an evident sadness.

"Why'd he do it.." Jimin ranted loudly, hurt dominating most of his voice, he wailed, "Why...why?!"

For a moment only silence prevailed in the hall, till someone hurried out of the ICU chamber. It was a nurse.

Namjoon quickly called the person, "Excuse me, how is the patient?"

"Please. I can't talk right now." The nurse bowed apologetically and hurried as fast as she could. All of them waited there till the nurse arrived with a doctor, both of them hurrying towards the chamber.

"Doctor, the blood pressure has slowed down.. his condition is very critical."

It is the only thing that Hoseok caught before the two personnel disappeared behind the big chamber doors.

Silence. Only silence captured the environment. No one spoke. Though Hoseok's tears had dried down, he could still feel his low heartbeat thumping painfully. What if he dies? As the thought hit him, he could feel the anxiety rushing through his blood, and also the disappearing will to live. I can't go on without you, Tae..

After a while, the same nurse came out, "We need to carry out a blood transfusion. Is there anyone here with AB, O or A blood type?"

Everyone looked at the doctor, and all of them had a serious look on their faces that portrayed their will to donate. Hoseok was about to stand up to volunteer however his attention shifted to someone else who spoke up.

"I'm an O blood type, please let me help him." He said with the most sincere look in his eyes and followed the nurse. .

Yoongi volunteered to help.

|

3 hours had passed since then.

No one was really talking, it could be guessed that only one question prevailed in everyone's mind that they kept pondering over: Why did Taehyung try to kill himself? Was he so much in pain that he wanted to escape it all?

No matter how much any of them pondered, they couldn't come to a conclusion, or simply find an answer. The Taehyung who always smiled when he wasn't having a blank face, the Taehyung who could get flustered easily but also was considered really cool and calm, he who could get easily emotional, and the Taehyung who kept the most earnest smile while looking at his friends, was he really ready to leave them? There was this impending frustration and feeling of failure among every of them present outside the ICU, the feeling of failing to save their friend who showed such vital symptoms. It was a mistake. A mistake to delay things. A mistake to let Taehyung be by himself, in the dark isolated environment he locked himself in for weeks. Maybe if they persuaded him, convinced him, and got himself to get professional help much earlier, it would have turned out differently. As now, Taehyung hanged between life and death, the only one who could save him, being the paramedics' intellect.

A little while later, Yoongi entered through the large doors, tears running down his cheeks as he sobbed, sniffled as he grunted, trying to hide his face from the others.

"Yoongi!" Seokjin called out to him. The others who were sitting stood up with horror looming their faces. Hoseok's breath hitched in his throat, he felt himself shaking, not being able to properly stand on the ground. He waited for something, a news, anything. Watching Yoongi's messy demeanor brought about a heavy feeling in his chest, he felt his heart drop.

Yoongi's pale face was now red, his ears were red, tears moistened his eyes and face.

"Wh-what hap-happened?!" Jimin ran to Yoongi and held his arms. The one he asked about was Taehyung. His own eyes teared up as he yelled in a broken voice, "Hyung! What- What... happened?"

"He- He," Yoongi stuttered, panting under his breath while more tears left his eyes, his voice somewhat broken, "His condition is stable now. He's out of danger--". Jimin stared at him, with no apparent expression before he nodded and broke down, relieved, his grip on his arm loosened and his head leaned to rest on Yoongi's shoulder, he cried.

Seokjin sighed in relief, the painful burden lifting off. He looked over at Namjoon to see tears, he was smiling but pressed his lips while more tears escaped his eyes, he used his palm to hide the tears. Seokjin pat on his back before giving him a side hug and rubbing his arm.

Hoseok dropped down on the floor on his knees, his hand supporting himself up from the floor. His head drooped, tears fell onto the floor as he bawled his eyes out. "Th-Thank god.." he said in a low broken voice, unable to form anymore coherent words as the tension in his throat restricted him from uttering any other sound. He felt relieved, his mind went blank, and the only thing he could feel was the deep sincere gratitude that he felt for the doctors who saved the most important person in his life, his beloved.

"But..." Yoongi added, once again capturing the attention of all the boys present there, his expression seemed dead as he spoke.

"What is it?" Jimin looked up at him, awaiting a response.

"He has slipped into a coma."

______________________________________
Small chapter IK, but yep my project stress has been relieved mostly so I'm hoping I can write more.
Ah it's been a while.
Something that I didn't talk about in the previous chapter, but I really want to mention now and PLEASE READ THIS: I know you may/may not google before anything but I wanted to drop a fact that there's rarely, very rarely, a chance that someone who slit their arm dies except in very exceptional and very painful cases. You can check it up.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS HAVING SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. PLEASE CALL A SUICIDE HOTLINE. REACH OUT FOR HELP, HANG IN THERE. I SWEAR EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, BUT, JUST FOR ONCE, TRY TO REACH OUT.
I know I sound hyper but ah I got reasons to do this.
See you!
PS: 19th December 2019, THANK YOU FOR 10K READS!