Chapter 43: Let Go

7 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING

Everything was decided.

Everything was planned.

The wedding was just one week away.

And as the time came closer, Hoseok's anxiety began to rise. This was supposed to happen.

But when he looked over at Taehyung's excitement as he crazily went through the plans, routine and everythingㅡ he could feel his own existential crisis. He felt bad for feeling so doubtful, given how intrigued he was before. The guilt chewed at him.

Isn't Taehyung way too excited? Is there something wrong with me for feeling so nervous? This.. is scary.

5 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING

Jimin was out shopping for their tuxedos with Yoongi. Though the other guy seemed really not into spending considerable amount of time onto each piece that legit seemed the same to him, Jimin took the chance to choose for him. That is-- after he is done choosing for himself which was still ongoing after an hour.

"I want to look my best, you know?" He whined cutely as he swapped between the suits in front of the mirror.

"How's this?"

He turned to Yoongi who lazily looked up and smirked, "Well, I like you the best without your clothes on."

Jimin blushed and frowned, frantically looking around to see if anyone heard him, "Youㅡ shut up!"

Yoongi giggled and shook his head before staring back at the screen.

"Can you believe? They are getting married?" Jimin said in a while, almost dreamily.

"Well if you believe in destiny, they were made for each other," Yoongi smiled to himself, "But, actually, they look really good together. They're like Yin and Yang."

Jimin turned around and blinked, he grinned and ran to him, sitting beside him, "Then, what do you think we areㅡ were we destined for each other?"

"You and me," Yoongi glanced at him and smirked, "are an unfortunate occurence."

Jimin's mouth fell as he gasped and groaned, frowning before he started poking aggressively at him while Yoongi kept wincing and laughing.

A second later, Yoongi grasped his wrist, catching his attention. He gazed at him and opened his mouth to say something but paused, ".. forget it.." he muttered.

"Wh-what is it?!" Jimin pestered.

Yoongi was reluctant. He bit his lip but Jimin's plead forced him to speak.

"Jimin-ah." He emphasised as he stared back.

"Y-yes?" Jimin straightened up.

"I- I love you."

"Huh? Pabo.. y-you really are strange.." Jimin felt himself feeling warm, purely flustered and a little too uneasy as he heard him say it.

It wasn't the first time of course, but then again, Yoongi doesn't say it often but when it does, it's always at an absurd time like this. The moment when he feels overwhelmed by his admiration, the moment when he just wants to hold him close and never let go.