Chapter 7: Déjà Vu

PAST

"Look what I got."

"Hmm?" Taehyung puffed up his cheeks and then popped it, "Ooo~ it's a camera!"

"Yes." Hoseok replied while he maneuvered with the gadget, totally consumed in working with it. Taehyung stared at him curiously, a little amused to see the boy so focused with his eyebrows a little furrowed. He couldn't help but smile.

"There." He grimaced and then smiled as he looked at Taehyung, "Tae, let's take a picture." He said and looked elsewhere, as if finding something. He noticed an adult coming towards them.

He ran to the adult, "Could you please take a picture of me and my friend?"

"Sure." The man smiled warmly and took the camera. Hoseok stood beside Taehyung who was a little nervous at first but gained the courage to hold his hand. Hoseok blushed at the contact and straightened himself a bit. The man captured the picture and giggled. Hoseok thanked him and the man bid them goodbye.

"Wow I look stupid." He said as he looked at the picture.

"You look cute, Hobi."

"Huh?" His eyes widened and he glanced at Taehyung, his face turning crimson as he heard Tae call him with a nickname, "Wh-what did you ju-just say-" He felt as if he'd nose bleed.

"Hobi." Taehyung blinked innocently and smiled, "You look cute, very cute."

"You are funny, and cute, and you are my hobi!" He said literally, unaware of how much it flustered the other guy.  Too add to that; he leaned in and pecked on his cheeks.

"What?!" He blushed more, completely taken aback by his actions. He found it difficult to breathe. Not being able to keep eye contact anymore, Hoseok tore his eyes away and stared into a different direction, "Stupid. What did you just do?! You're- you're weird!" 
Still blushing hard than he could imagine.

Taehyung giggled as he sensed Hoseok was saying those things out of his nervousness, he took his hand in his own and held it tightly, "Promise me you'd never leave me."

"Huh?"

"I don't want you to leave, that's why I won't let go of your hand, I'll hold it."

"Wh-what has gotten into you?" Hoseok blushed and stammered, a little taken aback from Taehyung's seriousness, "Of course, I would never leave you.. we've known each other for years"

"I'm... scared." Taehyung became teary. "I'm very scared." A tear dropped down his eyes.

"Taehyung?" Hoseok concernedly asked, while Tae just sniffled, he was puzzled about what to do. Unsure, he patted his head, "Don't be scared, I'll always be with you"

"Thank you, I feel comforted." Taehyung smiled as he rubbed his eyes.

"You're welcome." Hoseok replied and moved his hand over his shoulder to give it a light squeeze, he squeezed his shoulder but Taehyung groaned in pain and shook his body away from his grip, covering the spot with his palm.

"Tae? Are you okay? I'm sorry did I hurt you-"

"It's okay, I'm fine." He replied weakly.