Chapter 22: Nightmare

The sound of the piano, the very familiar tune echoed throughout the room. The faint smile of a woman, who's face was blurred with the bright sunlight flare that bled through the glass of the window.

"Taehyung" The soft spoken voice called his name. Taehyung felt a warmness in his heart, "Eomma.." he smiled.

His smile faltered the very next moment when a loud noise of the door made his heart sink deep in the abyss of fear.

The woman sounded worried, "Taehyung, go to your room. NOW." He was hesitated to get up, he shook his head, he felt the chills running down his spine, his hands sweating, a short-ness of breath, he was about to die.

"You worthless woman and bastard, where are you?!" A voice growled through the other side. Taehyung turned around in his chair to stare at the doorway, the sound of the footsteps increasing every moment and echoing through his ears. He stared at the door, not daring to move, completely frozen. The man outside was finding them. Before he realized, he was crying, "Eomma!" He whimpered in fear.

"There you are! I'll beat the shit out of you both." The loud footsteps fastened, making Taehyung's heart thump at an extremely fast rate. The knob turned and the door clicked open, Taehyung just about to see the face of the man after the light would disappear.

"Taehyung, go!" His mother screamed and pushed him from the back, making him lose sight.

Suddenly everything turned black. Everything became silent. Am I dying? I can still feel my tears, I can't breathe.. there's so much darkness here, it's pitch black, I don't want to be stuck here. He screamed, absolutely frightened. His voice completely inaudible to even his own ears, the black vision still prevailing.

After his intense effort, the blackness started fading, his voice was faintly audible and he started emphasizing on his volume more. He screamed at the top of his lungs and broke away from the caging darkness.

He jolted up on his bed, screaming and panting, his clothes sweaty. His face moistened with tears that just didn't stop. He cried in an unknown fear, the nightmare that seemed so real.

"Taehyung?! Are you okay?" Yoongi asked concernedly in his drowsy tone, eyes still leering with fatigue, yet shocked and surprised, he quickly turned on the lamp, "Ta-Tae?!" He got up from his bed and moved over the distance to hold Tae. He tried to touch Tae but he shoved his hands away and screamed.

"Oh god. Tae, it's me, Yoongi." He spoke loud enough for Tae to hear and squeezed his shoulders, shushing him, "Hey hey hey. D-don't cry.. It's alright.. everything's fine.."

Taehyung's screaming stopped, the tears still rolling off his cheeks, every moment of that nightmare still vividly floating infront of his eyes. Dreams aren't like this.. they're supposed to fade away.. but this felt as if a part of it had happened before. It's not possible, yet it seemed like it. Taehyung's mind was was stuck in a paradox at that moment, his throat running dry, the goosebumps on his skin as the voice echoed in his head. He facepalmed, gasping for air while sobbing.

"Wa-wait.." Yoongi muttered and moved over to the nearby desk, grabbing the water bottle resting on top of it. He gave opened it and held it out for Tae, "Here drink this.."

Tae was reluctant at first but then took it. He sipped from the bottle and rubbed his eyes, feeling a little more calm than the moment before. The silence prevailed in the air for a while.

"Are you okay?"

Taehyung slightly shook his head. Too afraid to go to sleep again.

* * *