Chapter 6: Present

PAST

Hoseok and Taehyung were walking alongside a river bank as they'd frequently do. Both dressed up warmly in their sweaters, jackets and scarves. Suddenly Hoseok stopped.

He put his hand inside his pocket and pulled something out. "There." He slightly blushed as he held out a present box right infront of Taehyung.

Tae glanced at it and his jaw dropped, "Is- is this for me?

"Who else?"

Taehyung took the box in his hand, staring down at it in silence. He pulled the ribbon lace on the box and unwrapped it to reveal a necklace, with 'Taehyung' engraved on it.

"Happy Birthday, Taehyung." Hoseok wished him, slightly anxious about Taehyung's upcoming reaction. 

Tae didn't reply, Hoseok couldn't see his eyes or face at all, he became a little worried but he was surprised when Taehyung jumped at him, both of them falling to the ground.

"Ouch! Idiot, what are you doing?!"

Taehyung had his head hidden in his chest, and then came the sobbing noises. Taehyung looked up at him and smiled, brightly, while the tears moistened his face.

"This is the best present ever, thank you so much." He was smiling and crying at the same time. His wailing mixing up his voice.

Hoseok sighed and rubbed the tears off his cheeks, "Why are you such a crybaby, pabo?"

Taehyung giggled and pulled himself up, helping Hoseok get up as well. Hoseok got up and looked at the bruises on his elbows. Taehyung noticed it and gasped, "I'm so sorry! It's- it's my fault."

"It's alright." Hoseok bit his lip, the air felt stinging against the wound and it was getting more and more red, blood slightly peeking out from the slits.

"I'm- I'm the worst, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Taehyung was staring at the wounds while fresh tears ran down his cheeks, he kept chanting his apologies even when Hoseok asked him to stop.

"Taehyung?" He was getting concerned, "Are you crazy? You can stop it, it's no big deal."

"I'm sorry Hoseok, I didn't mean to do it, I'm not a bad person, only bad person hurt others but, but, I didn't want to hurt you, I'm so sorry. So sorry. I'm sorry."

"Taehyung, stop."

"Look what I did to you, you're bleeding."

Hoseok glanced at himself and then swayed his hands away from Taehyung's view, "I'm fine."

"I'm the-"

Before he could say anything else, Hoseok pulled him, hugging him to his chest and patting his head, "You're okay, you could never hurt me, and you're not a bad person, I like you as you are, Tae."

"But-"

"No more but-s! It's your birthday today, let's stay happy together."

PRESENT

"So, we are the only ones?"