~| Chapter 2 |~

You just stared at him with the most confused and disgusted look you could muster. You just met the guy and he wanted to be best friends? Not to mention that he's probably dead.

"Okay, okay, hold on." You said as you removed his arm from around your shoulder. "I don't even know your name. Why would I be friends with you?"

"Because I'm the ghost with the most, babes." He winked as a small grin spread across his face, revealing his somewhat sharp pale yellow teeth.

You sighed as you lowered your head to your hands, thinking of what to do. "Y'know what, I'm probably going insane." You concluded as you went underneath the covers. "I'm going to bed. Maybe this is just a nightmare."

"This is no nightmare, babes. I can assure that." He chuckled, putting his arms behind his neck as he leaned back against the bed frame. "Although, I can make it a nightmare. Just say my name three times."

"See, there's a slight problem with that." You said as you almost growled out of annoyance. "I don't know your name."

"Well I can't say it." He rolled his eyes with a huff.

"How about a game of charades?" You suggested, sitting up and glancing to him.

"Yes, let's play it!" He smiled excitedly as he hopped up.

"Two words."

"Right."

"Second word."

"Uh-huh."

"Drink?"

"No."

"Beverage?"

"No."

"Wine?"

"No." He groaned, clearly getting slightly annoyed.

"Juice?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, first word."

"Okay."

"Bug?"

"No."

"Ant?"

"Close, but no."

"Beetle?"

"Yes!"

"Beetlejuice." You said to yourself, before looking at him.

"Wow, I'm impressed." He grinned, then began to float towards you. "And all you gotta do is say my name three times. Three times in a row it must be spoken, unbroken. Ready?"

You shook your head.

"Okay go- wait." He paused, looking at you, slightly shocked. He hesitated before asking another question. "You aren't ready?"

"Of course I'm not ready!" You growled as you rolled over to face away from him in bed. You sighed as you held the covers close to you, your eyebrows furrowed and tears starting to well in your eyes.

You already suffered from anxiety, having an attack almost every other day at school. You almost always had haunting voices in your head, and when you weren't with Lydia, you always felt alone.

"Hey, Beej?" You called quietly, wiping your tears with a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

——

The next morning rolled around and Lydia was up and running. She let you sleep in today since it was Saturday.

"Babes, wake up."