four

Naomi

I never had been a fan of school. The constant judging, whispers, and drama that filled the halls just wasn't for me.

"Did you hear about Damian?"

"No what about him?"

"Heard he tried to kill himself, what a fucking weirdo."

I couldn't help but widen my eyes. The notorious Damian Parker... tried to kill himself? I couldn't, didn't, believe it.

I tried to ignore the whispers, but it was all everyone could talk about.

"So did you hear about Damian?"

I gave Melanie a look. "Are you fucking kidding me? Of course I heard; people should learn to mind their business."

She hold her hands up in defense. "Hey and I never said that they shouldn't, but it does make you think."

"About what?"

"That even the people who you think have it all together, don't really have it all together."

I could only nod to that statement, trying to make sure that we weren't talking about me but Damian.

"Yeah... I gotta head to the library. I've gotta look for a book for lit. I'll see you later, Mel."

She waves me off before going to sit with another group. "See ya, Naomi."

The walk to the library was a long one, since the school was built like a university. I decided to take a short cut, deciding that I wasn't in the mood for that kind of trek today.

I turned the corner and there he was. He was clad in black hoodie, his brown- umber hair sticking out from the top. I didn't miss the cigarette that jutted out of his mouth either, the cancer stick still pretty new.

"You know smoking isn't good for you." I say, hoping he would get the message to put it out.

He smirks. "So I've heard."

I shake my head. "Well apparently you haven't heard it enough, since you're doing it."

"Yeah alright, I got the message."

I was beginning to get frustrated so I walked up to him and tore the cigarette out of his mouth and crushed it under my foot.

"You get it now?"

He glares at me. "Why the hell would you do that?"

"Because I don't want you to die over a silly reason that you can prevent."

He stared at me and I stared back at him, both of us not knowing what to say.

"There are a lot of "silly" reasons to die; I just happened to pick two of the most common ones."

And he walked off, turning the corner so I wouldn't get another glimpse of him.

***

So like people are actually reading this and I'm so grateful.

Thank you all so much, I love you all