five

Damian

Naomi Johnson left me so completely and utterly speechless, I had to just walk away. I know I left her standing there confused, but I walked away confused.

The girl was nothing like the others who whispered behind my back. She was completely straightforward and blunt, not whispering behind my back like everyone else. I'm not exactly sure why, but I was drawn to her honesty.

I walked the halls of school and immediately received stares and whispers.

This is the new normal.

"Yo do you see his tattoos? Those are fucking sick."

"You know what else is sick? Him."

Well, you're not wrong about that one.

Even though I was at school, I didn't go to one of my classes. I just walked the halls or lingered in the bathroom for an hour at a time.

It seemed that someone had the idea of skipping class too.

Naomi Johnson roamed that halls without a care in the world, skipping back and forth between tiles. Her curly spirals bounced up and down and followed her motions.

"Hey hopscotch, what do you think you think you're doing." I called out to her.

She stopped in her place and put her hands on her hips. "Funny how I already knew it was you before turning around."

I smirk, "Skipping class?"

She shrugs, "Something like that."

The space between us was filled with silence, and honestly I didn't know what to say to her.

"I like your tattoos." Her words came out in almost a whisper; I barely caught it.

"Thanks."

"Sorry, I don't know anything about you, so that's all I had to say."

"Well maybe you could?"

"What?"

"Know something about me."

She smiles shyly. "Okay."

We found ourselves sitting alone behind stairwell, sitting across from each other.

Her curly spirals framed her face, matching the way her white hoodie framed her body.

"So, I wanna know the story behind your tattoos." She looks at me expecting a response, which I eventually gave.

"They're too cover my scars." I pause. "I didn't want to see them."

"Why?"

I was taken back. "What do you mean why?"

"Exactly what I meant."

"I don't know too be honest; I think I just didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable and I realized that I was hurting others in the process."

She nods her head. "You didn't have to do that. If people want to make it uncomfortable then that's their problem, not yours."

"But what about you- what's the story of your life?"

She smiles and shakes her head. "That's a story for a different day."

"A different day?"

"Yeah, I mean if you haven't noticed, we're going to be friends Damian."

Friends.

I wasn't too familiar with friends now and days.

***

Yeah, I know these are short chapters, but I want you to get too know the characters and how they think.

Soooo yeah.

Also please leave any comments and forward this to your friends?

That would be appreciated :)