eight

Naomi
{ not yet edited }

"You cannot just show up to my damn house when I'm not here. You're lucky Naomi didn't swing on your ass, and your lucky I wasn't here, because you would've ended up dead!"

Currently, my mom was arguing over the phone with my dad, giving him a piece of her mind. As soon as I called her the next day, she was on the next flight home, and didn't care if she lost her job or not.

She slams down her phone with force, notifying me that her phone call work my dad is over. She runs a hand through her hair that matches mine; I've always been jealous of that hair.

"I'm sorry you had to hear me say things like that," My mom says taking my hand into hers.
"He just makes me so... frustrated."

I nod my head. "Yeah, I get it; me too."

My mom takes a seat down next to me, pulling my legs on top of hers. "So, weekly check in; how are you - how are things."

I sigh, "I'm doing alright. My grades are good, work is fine and I met this guy."

"A guy?"

I smile and nod, "Yes and before you ask, I only see him as a friend."

"Why only a friend?"

I shift uncomfortably, "Because honestly, he has a lot of problems and I don't know how too deal with all that right now; not with everything going on."

Momma rubs my leg in circular motions, a thing she does when she's going to drop a wisdom bomb. "I had a friend with a lot of problems when I was your age and honestly, I wish I stepped in more. So I completely understand why you're keeping your distance, but check on him every once in a while."

I nod and receive a kiss on the top of my head.

"Now what do we want for dinner?"

***

I woke up the next morning, completely exhausted. Not because I went to bed to late, but because I had to work.

The coffee shop I worked at, Cecilias', was a twenty- four hour store, which I'm pretty sure is catered towards insomniacs. Walking through the door, only two people sat inside the shop.

Looking at them, they both looked like they were running off of little sleep. The bags under their eyes and the way their shoulders slouched over, definitely showed it.

I throw my bag over the counter and clocked in, getting ready for my shift. I didn't even have my apron on when Damian walked up to the counter.

"Are you stalking me, Parker," I ask, placing my hands on my hips.

"I could say the same, Johnson. You work here?"

I give him a look, "Nah, I just sit behind the counter."

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever smart ass, I'll just have an iced coffee."

I smile at his comment as he hands me his
money.

"I've never seen you working in here before."

I hand Damian back his change, "I switched shifts; it's better for me this way, since we don't have school on the weekend."

He nods his head before responding, "Would you like to do something? Like not right now but like-," He was going to keep stuttering if I didn't stop him.

"Yeah, sure." I reply. "My shift is over at two, so just stop by after?"

He smirks, "Sounds good to me." And leaves.

I stare after him, completely getting lost in the fact that I was at my job.

"You know? If you were to ask me, I wouldn't have said yes to him," My co-worker, Teddy says, slurping on his coffee.

I grab a rag and begin to wipe down tables, "Well it's a good thing I didn't fucking ask you then, isn't it?"

He scoffs, gives me a look and leaves me to wiping down tables with a giddy look on my face.

____

Okay, so yeah, the chapters are getting longer and I hope that doesn't like bother anyone or anything. But this is a longer chapter considering that with my surgery, I missed a couple days of writing so I wanted to make it up.

So yeah :)

So please comment what you like and don't like and make sure to vote and follow me:)