nineteen

Damian

Naomi has been distant ever since she left my house on Saturday. Johnson never really talks about her feelings, she had never cried either in front of me either. Did I overstep boundaries Saturday?

Naomi laid asleep; a soft snore emitted from her nose and her eyes fluttered every now and then. I laid awake, however, listening to her snores and staring up at the ceiling. I was confused. We had laid like this millions of times, why was it different now? Maybe it was the way her arms curled around me when she was lacking warmth or maybe it was the way her legs intertwined with mine. Naomi stirs and I look down to meet with brown eyes. She looks at me with a confused look before getting up and running to the bathroom. I run behind her and grab her hair, letting her empty the contents of her stomach in peace.

She lays back against the tub and I sit across from her. Naomi sighs and bangs her head against the tub; a string of curses follow.

I chuckle lowly, "Might not want to do that again, in theory, it might make your hangover worse in the morning."

"Shut up," She smiles softly. "Dude, I don't even drink like that, what was I thinking?"

"You just wanted to feel better. Nothing wrong about that."

"Yeah well, feeling better is temporary. Life is temporary... and expires."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because my dad being in my life was only temporary. High school is temporary. Friends are temporary. Everything is fucking temporary."

Naomi stands up and uses the towel rack for stability. I reach out to help her but she denies my hand. "I don't want to get throw up on you." was her excuse. "Do you think you turn the sink on for me though."

I nod and do as she asks. When she finishes, she runs her hand threw her hair.

"Damian," She starts. "We will always be connected through memories, but who knows if we'll ever be permanent."

And she walks back out of the bathroom.

Feelings are there... but does she feel the same.

Naomi walks ahead with Melanie and Lana, while Me and Xavier hang in the back. We're currently walking to lunch and the girls are having their normal talk ahead of us.

"What do you think they're talking about," Xavier asks and tries to sneak up to the girls but I use his arm to pull him back.

"I don't know what they're talking about, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want you in their conversation," I reply. I hope it's not what we talked about.

"Girls are weird dude."

I nod, "You're not wrong."

Xavier looked taken back at my response, "What?"

I shrug, "Man, I don't know. Has Naomi been acting different to you?"

Xavier shakes his head, "Not to me honestly. Why, has she been different towards you?"

"No, not at all."