seven

Damian

I could try to end it all right here.

As I stood in front of the kitchen cabinet, that contained all my pills, I stared at the tylenol bottle. It beckoned me to answer its call and I, being weak, just wanted to give in. Just as I was beginning to take the bottle into my hand, another thing wanted me to answer it's call - or rather someone.

"Mom" read in bright white letters across my phone screen, as it buzzed. I let it ring a few times before answering.

"Hey" I speak into the phone.

"Hey honey." She starts. "I'm going to be home soon, I just stopped at the store and I wanted to see if you wanted anything?"

I shake my head, even though I know she couldn't see it. "No, I'm good, thanks though."

"Alright honey, just checking. See you soon."

"Okay, bye."

I threw the bottle into the trash and walked out of the house before I could take it out of the trash.

I believed walks were good for the soul. Walking cleansed me of the thoughts of killing myself.

I sat on my the swing in my neighborhood park, swaying gently back and forth. Kids ran back and forth , giggling with each other, not having a care in the world. I remember when I was like that, oblivious of what life had to offer.

"Man, how do I keep bumping into you? First you walk into my store and now you live in my neighborhood too?" Xaviers voice rang through the mild autumn air.

I let out a humorless laugh, "Dude you act like I plan these meetings."

Xavier takes a seat next to me. "So, you like the tattoos?"

I look them up and down. "Yeah, I like them. You did a badass job."

"Thanks man, but don't be telling everyone that I did them."

I give him a look, causing him to explain.

He sighs, "I'm not exactly legal so that's why."

I nod my head. "Yeah I get it, but honestly it's not like I had anyone to tell."

"What about your friends."

"You're fucking funny if you think I still have friends after everything that happened."

Xavier stands up and shrugged. "I didn't think I would be the one too break this to you, but if they're not talking to you now, then they weren't your friends to begin with."

_____

Short chapter, I know, but still significant in the long run. I also wanted to put something down so that I would still be writing the same. But I hoped you enjoyed it and yeahhh :)