twenty-eight

You guys know how I put a disclaimer at the beginning of this story? Please refer back to that before reading this chapter lol. It's a good thing for sure.

Naomi

"You sure you wanna go in there," Melanie asks. "I mean, you could see your dad."

I shrug my shoulders, "Honestly, I've just come to the conclusion that I'm never going to escape my dad, so why not go in there?"

"Good point. Just call if you need me."

"Will do," I say as I get out of the car. Melanie watches me as I ring the doorbell before pulling off down the street.

The door opens to Damian's face and I let out the breath I've been holding; He pulls me through the door quickly.

"I didn't tell my mom you were coming over and I think your dad is coming over, so I'm taking you around back before she can talk to us about it."

I nod, "That's a good idea."

Although it was quick, I got a glance of Damian's house. He explained to me that he no longer lives inside the house, claiming that he doesn't want to be reminded of where we attempted. I don't blame him though; I wouldn't either. His house was nice, definitely influenced by his mom's own style, seeing that it was all clean cut.

Closing the front door, Damian takes my hand and guides me through his house to the back door.

"Damian?"

Damian opens the back door and pushes me outside, cracking the door so I could hear their conversation.

"Hey, I never hear you talk about Naomi anymore, what's up with that?"

"Um, yeah, she's actually my girlfriend so yeah, I still talk to her."

Oh my gosh, He said I'm his girlfriend! Focus, Naomi.

"Oh, I just thought..."

"You thought if I stopped talking to her, it would be easier on you and Naomi's dad since he'll be moving in right?"

"What?"

"Yes, I heard about him moving in. Mom, you didn't even ask me first. Did you automatically think I'd be okay with it? Like, I get that I'm not around all the time but damn talk about replacing me."

"It's not an issue of replacing you, it's just that our relationship is becoming serious."

"You all have been together for what? Four-five months? You think that's enough time to get serious? Serious is a year! Actually, wait let's go back four five months. I bet you were probably screwing him before that. You do realize that you were his side piece right? He's not serious about you at all, Mom."

"Enough! I will not let you talk to me that way, go to your room."

"Whatever, at least I have common sense."

"Damian!"

"You're only mad because what I said was true. I think you should think more about him moving in. Cheaters don't change."