one

{ not yet edited }

Damian

I stared at the clock as it mocked me , watching how the time went on when I wanted it to stop for me.

I felt the oxygen enter my lungs as I unluckily breathed it in.

I wanted my time to run out; to end right then and there. But that's not how this worked out.

I laid in the hospital bed that hosted my body; that breathed the life back into my lungs. The life that I didn't want. Not anymore.

My IV tubes dangled off the side of my bed as I extended my arms. Although my arms were attached to my body, they felt unattached; the scars made that clear.

"Doctor when can I have him home?" My mom asked, her voice trembling.

The doctor and my mom stood outside my door and have been talking for what seemed like hours.

"Ma'am you can discharge him now if you would like. Everything seems to check out, but make sure to check in on him."

I couldn't make out the rest of what they were talking about; since they started to talk in hushed whispers.

"Thank you doctor."

I faked my sleep as my mom walked into the room. While I was beginning to make my breaths longer, my mom was beginning to cry.

"I'm so sorry Damian. My purpose as a mom was to protect you and guard you, but I couldn't do it."

It was in that moment that not only was I wounding myself but others as well.