eighteen

Naomi

"Why doesn't he want me? Did he even want... am I worth..."

Damian lays under me, not saying anything as I slur my words. He's playing this game with me where I have to guess what he's spelling. It passes the time. We're laying in his backseat; he took my bottle away when he realized I drink half a bottle by myself. I guess his dab pen works too.

"You didn't have to come find me Damian."

"Yes I did, Naomi," he whispers. "And it didn't take long so..."

Yes, I was crying so hard, that I hit my head on a car and set off the alarm. I tripped on the curb thingy. Damian saw me cry, which was a first for the both of us. I don't cry in front of people.

Usually.

I laugh, "Yeah, yeah... so like I'm sorry for the outburst."

"Oh my gosh, you don't have to keep apologizing, Naomi. You're allowed to be upset and have emotions and..."

I sit up to look at him, his black hair now disheveled by leaning up against the door, "And what?"

Damian runs a hand through his hair, a habit he has when he's nervous, "...and you deserve to be happy."

I sit up, each leg going over Damian, "You know what? I do deserve to be happy. I deserve happiness and love and acceptance. I deserve to love and be loved."

I look down at Damian and catch him staring up at me. His hands crawl down my waist as he uses my body to push himself up, "You are so loved."

I can only nod my head as I fall back against Damian.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Damian must've slipped out from under me while I fell asleep, because he took me back to his place. Good thing too since my mom would kill me if she saw me drunk. Damian turns off the car and gets out of the car. I try to open the door as well but he beats me to it.

"I could've done it," I say, stepping barefoot on the concrete outside his house.

"I know you could've, I just wanted to do it for you," he says. "And besides, you've been drinking."

I grab my heels and follow Damian into his house, being as quiet as him. He took my hand as we tip-toed up to his room, passing his moms room as we go up the stairs. As Damian closes his door, I flop down on his bed, not caring that I was taking up most of the bed.

"Damian you can lay down too," I say, moving over and turning my head to face him.

He shakes his head, "I'm actually going to take a shower, but if you want to change out of those clothes, my closet is over there. Pick anything you want."

I nod my head and Damian begins to grab his things and head to the bathroom. I smile at him before he leaves and I get up to find a comfortable hoodie. Grabbing the first thing I find, I walk out the closet and begin to take of my dress.

And then the door began to click.

"Sorry for interrupting, my dumb ass forgot my under-,"He says, before pausing. I stared back at Damian, both of us clearly uncomfortable. Catching the top half of my dress at the last minute, I hand Damian his under wear and turn back around, hoping he understands that I want some privacy.