Chapter 2

2 Months Later

The funeral was sad. I cried every since I found out and I'm still crying. Everyone at the funeral cried except me. I stood there blankly and stared into space. I thought about all the laughs, hugs, kisses and I love you's. I did my crying when I got home. All of my friends were at the funeral, some teachers that knew and even taught my mom and dad, some people from the neighborhood, all our relatives, and even my Ex boyfriend showed up. He sat beside me and cuddled me, it was nice.

I live alone now. I don't have a job. All I do is stay in my room and look at all of the family photos. I cry too. I don't care if its been 2 months or 2 years, I'll never be over this.

____________________________________________

Knock, knock, knock. I take my time going downstairs to answer the door. The last time I answered the door, gruesome news was there to greet me.

As I stop down the hallway, I stare at the door.
Flashback:

"I'm sorry miss Ariana" the officer says. "By the time we arrived, your parents were DOA." He continues.

End of flashback

I snap back to reality. I feel something warm running down both sides of my face. I quickly wipe my eyes and face and answer the door.

I stare at the stranger in front of me.

"Who are you?" I say, my voice a little scratchy.

"I'm Bart, Bart Bordelon." The strange man say as he extends his hand for me to shake. I accept his offer and take his hand in mine. Bart, Bart, Bart, I know this name from somewhere. Its on the tip of my tongue. Bart has short brown hair, he's kinda tall, and he has chubby cheeks.

"Look, if your trying to sell me something, I'm not interested." I say sadly. I try to close the door, but he puts his huge foot in the door. "What the hell is your problem?" I ask angrily. Who the hell is this guy? Bart lets himself into my house, so I just step aside. He looks around a bit, and then looks to me.

"Ariana right?" He asks. I nod my head yes. "I knew your mother Michelle. She was a very nice person. I'm so sorry for your lost." He says putting his head down.

I speak up. "Yeah, me too." I say looking down as well.

"I know you have been staying here on your own for a bit now, but not anymore." He says smiling a bit. I look at him sideways.

"What do you mean, what are you talking about?" I ask as I inch away from him.

"Well your mother and father wanted you to have a great life if something were to happen to them, so when they pass, you would have someone looking after you. Sadly that time has come and I have to take you." He says moving closer to me as I inch farther away.

"What, are you saying that you "own" me or something?" I say chuckling a bit. I know its impossible for someone to own you. He's just talking crazy.

"Exactly. You see, I brought you a long time ago, now I can finally claim you." He says smiling.

"What, no! Get out of my house!" I yell and point to the door. Mr. Bart takes a sheet of paper out of his suit and hands it to me. I take a while to read over it. It states that I am legally and always will be property of Bart Bordelon and that I will perform a series of tasks for him. It also states that I will have to work for him for the rest of my life. Sort of like a slave. Exactly like a slave.

I began to cry as I hand the paper back to him. "So I'm basically your slave!" I yell as I cry.

"Yeah, but trust me, nothing bad will happen to you, me and my boys will take good care of you." He says as he looks outside.

Boys? What boys?

"Boys?" I ask confusingly. I began to wipe my tears and try to look decent. If there are boys then I wanna look half decent.

"Boys, come on in." Bart yells and motions towards the house.

In walks the most beautiful people I've ever seen.