Prologue

Everyone's enthusiastic at the feast that is currently happening. Boisterous laughs can be heard echoing through the chambers. Stories of old times are being reminisced, legends are being passed down, and myths are being told. The celebratory atmosphere made everyone feel a bit frenzy as they drank their glass of pint and wines.

Some are dancing while some are singing. They bonded and shared their zealous energy with one another; creating a perfect synergy.

A man crept in the shadows, silently watching with a small smile playing on his lips. Even he cannot help but be swayed by their festive spirits. But what caught his eyes is a red-headed woman laughing as she dances on top of the table while singing all the while. She seemed luminous among everyone in the room.

"May I have a moment with you?" He snapped out of his thoughts when a woman asked him.

"What is it?" He replied with a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

"What is your relationship with her?" She asked him, pertaining to the red-headed girl.

"That is none of your concern." He dismissively said and was about to leave when she asked him again.

"Are you in love with her?" She said while her voice is on the brink of breaking.

"And if I am?" He replied without facing her.

"We don't have a lot of rules here, seeing as we often break them anyway. I do not forbid you from being together with her. But are you sure you still want to be with her, even if it means you're walking her towards her doom? Are you willing to continue this, knowing it can ruin her? Is she ready to forsake her holiness for this thing you're deeming to be love?"

"We love each other. That's what matters." He said, his resolution not wavering.

"And how sure are you that your 'love' will not wilt, just like everything a human feels?" She tried to persuade him once again.

"Who knows, our future is yet to unfold." He said and looked at her from afar.

He'll fight for her, even if it means he'll fight the heavens or hell.