25 | The Man in The Unknown Part of Hell

'Hold on a little longer, Aosoth.'

The next morning, Chamuel woke up with her head feeling like a wood chucker is chucking wood on her temples. 'Ugh, where's Vin?' She thought after sitting up.

She scanned the room to look for Vin but he was nowhere to be found. "He went out." Chamuel jolted as she heard the voice of Lilin. 'I knew it, I'm in hell.' She looked beside her and saw Lilin sitting and reading a book.

"We're not allowed to go out, let's just wait for him until he comes back."
She added without even sparing her a glance. "If you're hungry, there's food in the pantry."

'Where did he go?' She wanted to ask but Lilin is giving too much hostility towards her that she couldn't even speak. She just cleared her throat and waited patiently. 

"What is so special about you, Chamuel Grace?"
Chamuel was surprised when Lilin suddenly asked her. She was confused and didn't know what to answer. "I'm..."

At an unknown place in Hell, Vin is walking on eggshells by following a demon.

Last night, they were able to plan their rescue mission for Aosoth.

Then an hour ago, this demon came to him and told him to follow him. There was something about the demon's tone that made him follow his command with caution.

He smelled the demon and he did not have an ulterior motive for asking him, he rather smelled loyalty towards him. So he did. 'What is your motive?' He asked with curiosity. 

"Where are you taking me?" Vin asked after walking with him for about an hour now. Vin has never seen this part of Hell. 'He's suspicious but I have a feeling he'll give me something beneficial.' He didn't even know it existed.

"You'll know in a minute."
The demon said without sparing him a glance. Even though he could not smell any evil intention from the demon, he was still on his guard. 

"Who is your commander?"
He tried asking again but he wasn't Aym, he cannot ask questions and expect answers all the time. "You'll know in a minute." 

He tried to look at the demon's past and future but someone is blocking him from doing so which intrigued Vin even more. If that person can block Vin from looking at his past and future then it means that they can also block Vin from smelling the demon but they purposedly didn't so that Vin can see that he is telling the truth. 

'Who are you?' 
He curiously thought, staring sharply at the demon's back, thinking who's the one behind his actions.

After a few minutes, the demon stopped in front of a door. "We have arrived." He said then knocked on the door.

"Come in." The man inside answered. Vin immediately recognized his voice. 'This voice...'

The demon opened the doors and Vin was greeted by a familiar face.

"How have you been doing, my little demon earl, Vine?"

"Lucy."