Chapter 9: Enthral

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung frowns when he hears that the guy who approached them is a rogue.

Then what is he doing in a pack?

He notices Jeongguk's tense posture, his defensive stance and his scent changes too. Taehyung feels it.

"What are you doing here? Why do you have to be here?" Jeongguk nonchalantly yet firmly says and Jehwan chuckles, eyes landing on Taehyung for a brief moment.

"Oh come on little brother---". Taehyung's eyes widen a little, the giy infornt of him is Jeongguk's brother and Taehyung hasn't forgotten what happened at the dinner table with just a mere call.

Taehyung wonders how Jeongguk is controlling himself right now.

"This is my pack too---my father's pack so I think I can come and go whenever I want." Jehwan says a.d Jeongguk gritts his teeth.

"Rogues don't belong to any pack and certainly not you in my pack." Jeongguk says and Jehwan's cool facade fades for a second.

"It's not your back little brother. It's still father's and---".

"I'll be the head alpha soon, not you and trust me, I'll make sure you stay away from this place and my people. As far as possible." Jeongguk interrupts him and Jehwan gritts his teeth.

"Don't be so sure about that Jeongguk, you never know what can happen." Jehwan says, eyes on Taehyung again and he smirks. Taehyung puts up the fiercest gaze.

"We'll see about that." Jeongguk says. Taehyung thinks they are taking with some hidden meanings in the words, the ones they don't want Taehyung to know about.

"Well, goodbye for now." Jehwan says and steps a side, extends his hand towards Taehyung. "See you soon, beautiful." Taehyung hates the disgusted smirk and tone.

Jeongguk almost loses his mind, grabs Jehwan's arm and pushes him away, sneers at him and when he steps towards him, he's held back---Taehyung stops him---holding onto his upper arm.

"Jeongguk-ssi." Taehyung utters and the alpha is glaring at his step brother who has an amused expression on his face.

"Let's just---go. Please." Taehyung says and Jeongguk feels himself easing because it's Taehyung, holding him---taking his name and talking to him.

"Won't you look at that---sweet love." Jehwan mocks, his expression turns bitter then.

"See you little brother." He says and gives Taehyung a brief stare, leaves then.

Jeongguk takes a deep breath and Taehyung can feel his stress, his tension and the conversation with his brother has left the alpha---tired.

Jeongguk turns to Taehyung and the omega slowly lowers his hands from around Jeongguk's arm, meets his gaze and the alpha feels himself getting calm. Just by looking at Taehyung---he feels okay.

They haven't had any conversation since last night---and last night being really---intimate, the most intimate they have been. Jeongguk's standing close to Taehyung, his presence calms him---

Jeongguk was sure that of Taehyung wasn't next to him, he would've hit Jehwan. When the mere call can do something bad, having Jehwan infront of him could've ended worst but it didn't.

At the dinner, Taehyung wasn't close to him, physically and mentally but now---Jeongguk is this much sure that he has a deep bond with Taehyung and even the omega can't deny that because Jeongguk made him believe that not all alphas are like the ones in Lotus.