Chapter 20: Alter

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

The moment Jeongguk heard Taehyung's words, he felt his heart stop and as if  something came crushing on his shoulders, making him struggle to stand. He watches with wide, shocked eyes at the omega who is sobbing, looking down.

The next moment, Jeongguk let's go of Taehyung and the omega immediately steps away, hands curling to his  chest and he looks at Jeongguk with a rather harshly now.

"How? Tae---". Jeongguk utters but the next moment, they both hear Hansol's cry and Taehyung snaps his head towards the direction, running towards the room because he doesn't want to stay there, explain Jeongguk or hear his explanations about anything. He has his son to go to.

Taehyung leaves Jeongguk and the alpha has no idea what to do. His mind's a mess, he can't seem to think, to think of a logic, or even remember the moment he saw Taehyung in Lotus two years ago.

He needs to talk to Taehyung, to have the omega tell him how can this be possible. How could he be the one because he remembers nothing.

If what Taehyung is saying is the truth then getting Taehyung's trust back and his apology will be the most difficult thing in the world because the way Taehyung looked at him, assured him that the relationship of trust between them vanished. And Taehyung's eyes---makes him feel like he's not lying.

How? How?! Jeongguk grabs his hair in frustration. If Jehwan lied to him then his dear step brother better be counting his last breaths.

Jeongguk could still hear Hansol's cries. The pup couldn't stop crying because Taehyung couldn't stop his tears

Taehyung has Hansol in his arms, rocking him softly but the pup hasn't stop crying. Taehyung tries to calm himself, wipes away his tears and tries not to think of anything that would upset him but he fails.

"Hansol please, please stop crying." Taehyung softly yet desperately says, hugs Hansol closer to him tightly.

"Everything's okay. Go back to sleep baby." Taehyung whispers, takes a deep breath. Hansol finally calms down because Taehyung stops crying as well and the pup sleeps in his arms.

Taehyung tucks him back under the comforter but doesn't lay next to him rather sits on the floor, circling his arms around his knees, close to his chest. He rest his head on his knees, staring into the void.

He can't cry because Hansol will wake up again and he can't see his pup crying because of him. Being the cause of Hansol's pain is something Taehyung can't ever even imagine.

The omega sighs shakily, his fingers softly touches the mark on his neck and he bites back a sob.

He had finally told the biggest secret he had hidden. The only reason Taehyung couldn't tell Jeongguk to anyone because he wouldn't believe him. How can Jeongguk believe it if he doesn't even remember. He definitely doesn't.

If he did, he would've recognized Taehyung. He doesn't remember Taehyung at all. The omega can't blame him though, any alpha would lose his senses in a rut and drunk in wolf's bane.

But Taehyung remembers, he remembers everything and he can't say that he didn't like it, because he did but now---he doesn't know what to do.

He feels betrayed, angry and hurt that his mate didn't trust him a rogue alpha who everyone hates. Jeongguk broke his trust, broke the promise he made that it doesn't matter who Hansol's father is, he'll always love him as his own son now.