Thirty-Four

Andi's POV

"So I heard back from the lawyer this morning." Cal comments as he comes into our bedroom.

"And?"

"They got what they need to press charges." He smiles, wandering over to hug me tightly. "That doctor is going to get way he deserves for putting us through hell and not taking responsibility for it."

"I'm sure that makes you glad, Cal."

He frowns at me in the mirror, "Do you not want to be pressing charges over this? He told us our child had died."

"No, I think he deserves to be called out for his mistake, especially since he also lied to my face about it being a mistake. But it just seems like a lot of work, and we are already so busy. That's all."

"It will be worth it, so he doesn't do it to someone else too. I promise." He smiles, kissing the side of my head, "You look beautiful today by the way. I'm glad you finally dyed your hair pink like you wanted to."

"It just felt like the right time." I nod, twisting one of the curls hanging around my shoulders.

"I got the backyard set up by the way. So when people get here we should be good to go."

"Thanks. You do sort of smell like you've been working a while. Maybe you should shower before everyone shows up."

"I was coming in here to do that. I got distracted by my beautiful girlfriend on the way."

"No blaming me. You go shower and get dressed. I'm going to make sure Kason is ready, and the food is good to go."

"Sounds good, baby. I can't wait to have everyone over to see the place, now that it's ours."

"Me too. Now shower, stinky man."

"Going." He laughs pulling his shirt off as he heads for the ensuite, this time it's my turn to get distracted by the beautiful human in front of me.

"Food, Ann. We can do that later." He smirks over his shoulder, stretching out his back and shoulder muscles to tease me as he walks away.

"Fuck you, Cal... now I want to join you."

"But you already did your hair and makeup." He smirks, poking his head out of the bathroom as he tosses his pants towards the laundry hamper.

"Later though, you just wait. I won't forget, pregnancy hormones have made me horny as hell lately." I warn.

"That's what I like to hear." He steps halfway out of the bathroom again, showing off his bare thigh and hip, but keeping the goods hidden.

"You are such a tease." I groan.

"Love you too, baby. Go check on the food. People are going to be here in not too long." He laughs before I hear the shower turn on.

"I'm going. I'm going." I sigh, shivering slightly to try and rid my body of the intense feeling between my legs. At least for now.

***

"Knock, knock." Brody's voice rings out from the front of the house.

"Hey! Come on in guys!" I hurry to the hallway to greet them.

"We assumed we were in the right place when the code you gave us worked. So we let ourselves in." Trey smiles, offering me a hug.

"That you did. So good to see you guys again. I'll be honest, it's been a little weird not having you yelling distance away."

"We miss you guys too. Gizmo is about ready to go insane without Dubs and Duke around. He got used to having friends." Brody laughs, also coming in for a hug.