Twenty-Six

⚠️ TW// High ⚠️

Andi's POV

"Kason!" Brody yells as we walk through their back door.

"Good to see you too, Bro." I chuckle.

"How are you, sis? Babies still doing well?"

"So far as I can tell. Doctor will tell us otherwise today, but I'm not worried." I chuckle.

"And Kasibug gets to hang out with me all day! I'm the one winning here." He laughs.

"Can I help you with music, uncle Brody?" Kas asks excitedly.

"Of course. I need my best critic telling me if I'm putting together awful sets."

"I'll be home around three, I'll text you. Kason can stay as long as you want though."

"He shall never be home again then!" Brody chuckles, hugging Kason to his chest, making my son giggle.

"Okay." I shrug, pretending not to care, which stops Kason's laughing.

"What?" He frowns at me.

"I'm just kidding. I wouldn't know what to do without you, baby boy." I chuckle, swooping down to kiss his cheek before heading out the door towards my car.

***

I smile as my ringtone overtakes my music. Calum is too many hours ahead of us right now, and I can't remember when he can and can't talk seeing as his schedule is so busy and he is changing time zones too often to keep track of. Luckily he knows my time zone and schedule, so he is in charge of calling when he has time.

"Hi, Squish!" I grin as I tap answer.

"Hi, baby. How are you today?"

"More awake than you sound." I chuckle at the rasp in his voice.

"I have a cold, but I'm fine." He coughs lightly.

"Oh, baby, I'm sorry. I would make you soup and tuck you into bed if you were home."

"You think I would let you do that? I'd be taking care of you still, Ann. You're the one growing two other humans. You are the superhero here." He laughs, which turns into another cough and a groan.

"You need sleep, Cal, what time is it where you are?

"Dark. I don't know. My head is buzzing and I'm tired, but I wanted to talk to you."

"You need sleep, Squish. Please, so you can feel better." I frown.

"I don't sleep good here. We are so busy, but not busy enough to knock me out, busy enough to keep my brain going for hours at night."

"Nine more days and you'll be home. I'm sorry you're sick and it's making you feel gross and uncomfortable."

"What are you doing? Something more fun than me?"

"Much." I chuckle, "Although that doesn't sound too hard unfortunately. I'm on my way to my doctors appointment. They are going to give me an envelope with the baby's gender in it, and Brody and Trey are going to plan a party for us once you're home. So we can find out together."

"Oh ya, if I wasn't sick and hopped up on way too many medications I would have known that. I swear."

"It's fine, Cal, I can hear how sick you are. Call me while you're getting ready in the morning if you have time and I'll tell you about it."

"I will. I want to know everything they say." He groans softly before another coughing fit ensues.

"Calum. Go turn the shower on as hot as it can go and sit in there, like actually sit, for like half an hour. Hang your head between your knees and let the steam help you cough out all the gunk. Then curl up in warm clothes and sleep. Please. Order a warm water bottle for your chest if you can, from the front desk. It will help ease the tightness in your chest and you can put it in a pillow to cuddle so you can pretend it's me."