thirteen

"wait, so now you want to kill the darkness?" dean asks, leaning into his boyfriends' embrace as chuck looks at the pair, shocked but not surprised. "you're cool with this?" he continues, making eye contact with chuck before sam interrupts.

"look, chuck's dying" he blurts out, earning a hurt expression from him.
"no offense, god"

"yeah, no i-im dying."

"so, we don't really have a choice. I mean, look. you've got darkness and light. y-you take one side away and-"

"it upsets the scales, the whole balance of the universe" cas whispers, holding dean tightly, resting his head on the shoulder of the hunter.

"well, exactly" sam praises, adjusting himself on the table he sits upon. "but you take both away, and now both sides of the scales are empty, so.."

"its balanced" cas finishes his sentence.

dean turns to face the angel, holding one of his soft hands. "right, yes, okay uh look. hey im game but how exactly are we gonna do this? i mean, lucifer hit her with a hand of god and uh, well we see how that turned out" dean explains as the pair walks closer to sam and the table where rowena sits.

castiel hates whenever lucifer is brought up, but he knows it was harmless. the only good thing that came out of that was his relationship with dean.

"she does seem impossible to destroy" castiel agrees, kissing dean on the cheek which makes him blush intensely, though no one noticed.

"is she, chuck?" sam asks, fidgeting with his fingers.

chuck hesitates. "well i-" dean glances in his direction. "i mean, well i-i"

"chuck!" the group yells at him impatiently. something is off and dean knows it. chuck normally doesn't act that hesitant, but he knows that if something were to be said about the matter that it would just be automatically denied.

"alright, fine" he spits, bringing himself to his feet and moving away from the chair. "the darkness might, MIGHT have a weakness. light"

chuck grabs the bottle of whiskey from crowleys hand. "he tells us now?"

"what? i-i just wanted to trap her. I didn't want to murder her." he yells back at crowley.

dean knows that cas hates when small fights like this appear, so he kisses the angel softly while no one looked, soothing and calming cas.

"okay so now that we're trying to end her, how much light are we talking about?" sam questions him angrily.

"i don't know, ten thousand suns set to supernova?"