nineteen

"who's billie?" rowena whispers to the boys , leaning over chuck so move closer. castiel tucks his blade back in his trench-coat and straightens the jacket out before stepping closer to dean and grabbing his hand, letting his fingers intertwine with his bruised ones. he holds their hands back to avoid billie from seeing it, as she'd make a big deal about the angel and the hunter being together despite the worldly order.

"reaper. wants us dead. tons of fun." he smiles sarcastically at rowena and turns his attention to billie, who's now walking down the steps as dean places his gun back into a bag that's laying next to the glistening stone of spirits before them.

she greets crowley and walks past him, joining everybody in the middle of the room.

"wait a second. h-how did yo—" sam swallows nervously. "what are you doing here?"

"I saw you boys at Waverly Hills, and call me a curious kitten, but with, you know, credits about to roll, I gotta ask—why you boys busting ghosts?" she asks the brothers, glancing to cas and then down to his hands that are locked with the eldest. she looks the angel in the eye and smirks, but doesn't speak of it.

"why do you care?" dean speaks out, expecting a sarcastic response. 

"dead folks, kinda my thing. so... spill." she threatens, crossing her arms after pushing her hair back from her shoulders. sam inhales deeply before looking over at his brother, earning a headshake in agreement.

"we're collecting souls to build a bomb-"

"to blow the darkness to hell" dean finishes his brothers sentence, making the angel giggle. hearing cas's giggle makes dean's jokes worthwhile, he can make the entire room light up with just a little sound.

the pair of four look at the shining bomb of souls for a few minutes before billie breaks the silence.

"okay." she gives up, stepping back and unfolding her arms. rowena looks up from the ground with a strange look painted across her face.

"okay?" sam stares at her in confusion. billie has never been the type to back down to anything or any fight she's ever been in. this, is a whole new side of billie that no one has seen. "uh, what does that mean? 'okay'?"

"means way things are going," she shrugs mockingly. "im about an hour away from reaping god himself."

"so you're here to help us?" the angel questions the reaper, moving his hands around deans warm torso. in exchange, his boyfriend lays his arm around his shoulder to be more comfortable.

billie turns to the couple. "little tip. you want souls? call a reaper."

she quickly picks up the bomb, staring at its little details before having  more souls join from her side. little white puffs of mist fly by everyone in the room, taking part as souls. having the look of awe, castiel gives dean a kiss on the cheek before walking over to the opposite side of the room to assist chuck and rowena. as he does this, he keeps a close eye on dean, locking eye contact with him every once and a while. he'll always protect him, no matter the cost.

inserting souls into the bomb, it grows stronger and the color becomes more vibrant and shiny. billie opens her eyes and the mist goes away.

"how many souls are in there?" cas asks the reaper in front of him.

"a couple hundred-" she pauses, "thousand. i raided the veil. like i said, dead folks? kinda my thing." she glances over at rowena, who's stepping up from the steps to reach the glowing stone. "we good?"

"very." rowena answers in her little accent, astonished by the power being held.

"super." billie replies before walking up the steps to leave the bunker. dean says one last thing to her before she walks out the door and gently walks to castiel's side. it's as if they're connected at the hip, the pair can't stay within 5 minutes separated from each-other.

"so what now?"

"well, now we have the bomb, so we just got to find amara." sam replies to the angel, looking over at chuck for an answer. and to his wishes, chuck responds.

"I can track her. She's not warded anymore." he whispers, struggling to lift his body weight to sit up straight. "why would she be? she won." he stands up, leaning against the wall beside him, hunching over from the pain his sister caused.

dean looks at his boyfriend as cas looks at the ground. he knows whats coming, and he doesn't want to face it. 

"we need somebody to get close to her. someone with a.." he scratches his neck. "personal connection."

this makes the room feel cold when everyone's eyes look at dean. the intensity of castiels emotion fills the room, and everyone feels uncomfortable by the suggestion, but they know what has to be done. the hunter simply whispers to castiel to apologize for something that he can't control.

he pulls the boy into a long embrace. "im sorry. i love you, you know that."

"i know dean. i love you too." he weakly smiles before letting so and stepping to the side, making dean's heart ache.

the eldest winchester walks to rowena. "well, what are we waiting for? how do i smuggle this thing?" 

crowley laughs inappropriately. "we could always shove it up your-"

"hey." dean snaps.

"i mean you could." 

rowena ignores the banter and pulls together a plan. a plan that could do good, or ruin everything, including his life.

"You won't carry the bomb. You'll be the bomb." she looks up at him to see the tears forming around dean's eyes. "I'm gonna take what's in there...and put it in here." she informs dean, pointing to his chest.

sam shakes at the idea.

"dean please... please don't." castiel pleads. he's willing  to get on his knees and beg the witch to not do this. he just got dean, he cant lose him already. he wont let it happen.

dean closes his eyes and rowena ignores castiel's cries of mercy. "once you get close to her, you press your fingers like so.." she demonstrates the finger snap. "boom."

"dean..." castiel cries, tears streaming down his face as he walks away into the hallway. he runs to the very end before sliding down the wall and bringing his knees to his chest, letting the tears fall to the textile ground.