Chapter 4: Purpose

Purpose

Elijah

"SIR ELIJAH, you always look so dashing with any tux but this midnight blue is just made for you! I'm sure Ma'am Veronica will especially love this one," Trina, the store manager, cheerfully said after I placed the coat on top of my vest.

"Thanks, Trina. I have to go!" I said before heading out.

"Goodluck Sir!"pahabol niya.

I glanced at my watch before I manuevered my vehicle away from the store. I will just be in time for the turn over ceremony of the company. May oras pa ako para sunduin si Veronica.

Maya maya ay tumunog ang cellphone ko. It was Veronica.

"Elj, d-did you wear that midnight blue tux?" she asked cheerfully yet with apprehension in her voice.

I sighed. "I did, Nic."

"Uhm, okay. Huwag mo na pala akong sunduin. I'll be there with Mang Andoy may dinaanan pa kasi ako! I'll see you at the hotel nalang. Ingat ka sa pag da drive!"

"Thanks. You, too."

The Enriques, especially Tito Lucio who's the CEO and the chairman of the board of SDMC, will going to make this day official as me being the new chairman. The old man insisted though I was willing to pay the share. I wanted it to be fair for some of the board para wala silang masabi kaya matagal ko nang naihanda ang malaking halagang inutang ko sa banko pero hindi tinanggap ni Tito. Hindi ko din gustong palampasin ang pagkakataon. This was dad's dream. To be global in real estate and construction. He started our company from scratch and it's about time that it will become global with the help of SDMC. In time when the time is ready, I will merge our companies kaya kailangan ko ang impluwensya ni Tito Lucio. This was a family legacy from an old rich man like him. Even dad has once been a mentee of Tito Lucio's grandfather. Lucio Enrique III.

A vallet was already waiting for me in front of the hotel entrance. This hotel was one of our projects, from the Enriques group of hotels and real estates. This was one of our biggest projects as well, dahil dito kung bakit malaki ang tiwala sa'kin ni Tito Lucio.

The vallet took the car key and the cameras started flashing here and there. Business acquaintances, politicians and celebrities were there to greet pero hindi na ako nag abalang makipagbatian sa kanila dahil wala naman akong planong pumasok sa politika.

Pumasok ako at tinawagan si Nica. She answered right away after the first ring.

"I saw you! I was about to call you pero pumasok ka agad. Wait papasok na ako,"she said excitedly.

"Hihintayin kita, Nic. Just take your time,you can greet those people," sabi ko at napahinto.

"O-okay...but I'm here."

I heaved out when I heard her behind me. Just in time also the cameras began flashing again, I didn't know if it was directed towards us o sa mga kasama naming politicians at celebrities na pumasok.

Hinila ko agad si Nica. Napatiim bagang ako nang makita ang suot niya. She was on it again, trying to draw too much attention with her dress.  I'm not just comfortable her showing too much skin. She has a body that could turn heads and I don't like the idea of other men feisting her body.  She isn't the flirt kind though, infact she's  far too innocent. I know how much uncomfortable she feels wearing a skimpy dress pero ginagawa niya parin.

"Your tux looks good on you."

"Thanks." I simply said and pulled her with me to the private elevator where the higher executives can only access because it has a code.