Chapter 16 :Unnamed

Chapter 16

Veronica

I looked at Elijah while he fixed the sofa that he moved at the foot part of his bed.We just had our lunch together. I requested to watch a movie and he willingly obliged. Since we were arranged to be married, this was actually the first and the longest time that he actually leave from work para bigyan ako ng oras. Who was I para mag inarte kahit na may kasalanan pa siya sa pagiwan sakin sa Amanpulo?

His beautiful face were almost traceless from cuts and bruises now.

It became our routine ipagluluto niya ako ng breakfast pupunta siya sa office at sasamahan ako at para siguraduhin if kakain ako ng lunch so I always end up leaving early and spending our afternoon watching movie and series.

This time, nag angat siya ng mukha from fixing the pillows, nagtama ang mga mata namin. I told myself that I have to get used to his stares and presence because until now I'm still not used to it.

"Anong gusto mong panoorin?" he said and patted the sofa.

"Lion king," sagot ko at tumayo mula sa pagkakaupo sa bed niya. I settled there, kinuha ang isang pillow at nilagay sa mga hita ko.

I don't know but I both love and hate the Lion King. Hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses ko na itong napanood.

"Are you sure it's what you like?" nangunot ang makinis niyang noo.

Tumango ako.

Pumwesto narin siya sa tabi ko. He settled closely next to me,placed a pillow from my other side then he clicked the play button. I wanted to talk to him about our wedding but there's no need to hurry it now. Mamaya na siguro pagkatapos ng movie. Gusto ko lang sulitin 'tong araw na kasama siya.

Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble...

I was reminded again of this quote.

"Did you remember that time when I was in highschool when you coldly handed me a CD of this without telling me why?"untag ko after few minutes.

"Uhmm..."he breathed on top of my head. Honestly I got engrossed with the movie hindi ko na namalayang umiba na ang posisyon namin. I mean him. I was still sitting with my arms hugging a pillow while one of his arms was hugging me from behind.

"You came to me a day after..." he continued and then he chuckled. "Turned out, you ended up not liking it. You said you hate it but wouldn't tell me why. I guess we were even."

Napangiti ako."Until now, I don't understand why you gave me that CD."

"Gusto ko lang makita mo kung gaano ka cute si Simba," I felt him grinning in my head but then he sighed and became serious. "You are smart, Nic. I know you've already figured out why I gave you that CD."

"Mukha ba akong si Simba?" I asked him back.

"You're more a like to me..."

Napalingon ako to give him a face but he was dead serious.

"Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble, Nic. You have enough bravery in you to put up if you really need it. You don't need to show it to undeserving people because by doing that even untentionally, you end up hurting other people and the most, hurting yourself."

"You sounded like Mufasa...you could pass like dad but you're much more strict than him... "

He chuckled.

"So this means that you never hated me for being mean before?Kasi nakikita mo sa'kin si Simba?"

"I never hated you from the start, Nic. You just always  assume." We've never talk about this before.