Chapter 15: Suspicion

Chapter 15

Veronica

HINDI ko na mabilang kung ilang beses na akong napabuntong hininga.

Ayokong makitang pumasok sa opisina ni Marcus because of the TRO so I decided to meet him at a place para makausap. It was a Spanish restaurant inside a hotel.

I decided na pagbigyan na siya ngayon. There must be important that he needs to say tungkol sa kanila ni Elijah.

Pagpasok ko palang bumungad na agad ang waiter sa akin.

"Miss Veronica?"

"Yes?"

"Over there po," he motioned for me to follow him. Dinala niya ako sa dulo. A space that is the most private.

Marcus was already there sitting, facing us.

Napalunok siya nang makita ako saka tumayo. He signaled for the waiter to stay still, siya ang humila ng upuan ko.

He waited for me to settle bago muli siya umupo.

"I presumed may importante kang sasabihin sa'kin?" kaswal kong sabi.

" Please cut the formality, Nic. We aren't like this," he said tenderly. " Before we start, I ordered your favorites pero baka may gusto kang idagdag?" he looked at the waiter behind me. I almost forgot that he was still there.

I sighed. I never wanted to eat with him and it was too early for lunch.

"I'm fine with what you ordered," I said then he signaled the waiter to leave.

"If you have a lot to say magsimula kana dahil ayokong magtagal. I don't want to get caught talking to you while you still have a TRO from me."

"The TRO has been lifted a long time ago. You just didn't bother to ask, Nic. Tinanggal na ng daddy mo."

Napahinga ako ng malalim at napatitig sa kanya. He was dressed casually, walang bahid na galing siya ng opisina. "Anong gusto mong sabihin sa'kin?"

"Gusto kong mag usap tayo ng mabuti. You didn't bother to listen to me after what happened between us."

"Kung ito ang gusto mong pag usapan natin then I should leave,"I was ready to leave pero mabilis niyang napigilan ang kamay ko bago pa ako makatayo.

"Please Nic, can you hear me out just now?Kahit ngayon lang, nakikiusap ako," he pleaded.

I wasn't ready to talk about it because he betrayed me by breaking my trust. I breathed out inalis ang tingin sa kanya.

"I was a mess at those times. I can't believe what Dad and Tita Maggie did to the company. I was frustrated and disappointed, Nic. Lasing ako nun, I just only wanted to talk to you..."bumuntong hininga siya. " I was okay with Tito Lucio entrusting Elijah the company kahit isa si Daddy sa mga naghirap simula umpisa. It was Tita Maggie that brought Dad down. Kahit mahirap I was okay with that but I wasn't prepared of your Dad entrusting you to Elijah. He was my friend pero naunahan ako ng sakit, Nic. I would never intentionally hurt you. You know that. Siguro naman alam mo na ang nararamdaman ko sa'yo pagkatapos yung mangyari. Hell..." he said like he was frustrated of himself. "I can't just be a brother to you kasi gusto kita. Mahal kita, Nic. And I'm sorry..."

Hindi ako nakapagsalita.

"I'm telling this for you to understand because you didn't give me the chance to explain. I know I can't force you to forgive me and I know I can't force you to love me more than a brother because you love that jerk. I just miss us, Nic. Na mi miss na kita..."